Nikon d500 for people photography

CarlosF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi guys another d500 question has anyone been using it for people photography like family shots and weddings and so. How's the dynamic range, depth of field and higher ISO quality. If you have any photos please add and please leave a comment..

Thanks

Hi Carlos,
as far as I know it is pretty much on par with your D7200 on ISO and dynamic range. Where it beats the D7200 is in focus speed, tracking etc. I'm sure it would be good for people photography, but I think a D750 would be even better (they are around the same price iirc). I'm not sure what glass you have, but Buying FX glass is expensive.

All cameras are good for portraiture or people photography. Choose your camera based on other capabilities or subject matter.

That's the thing I have rented a d750 before to try it out and to me it was a meh camera and at the moment I'm doing a lot of mixed photography such and wildlife and people and weddings and I'm liking the new tech in d500 my other choice was a d4 but thinking of waiting till the d5s come out then I can pick up a d4 on the cheap... glass I have basically all fullframe glass but I don't mind that... I have gotten really good shots with my d7200 but my spare body is d7000 which I don't like so wana get rid of that and have the d7200 as a spare and then later sell that to fund either a d4 or d810

The most expensive Hasselblad is probably your best bet.

I haven't taken many people pictures with my d500

Fun family snapshot at Macy's in NYC
iso 12800 f7.1 1/640
i-rX7gFq5-L.jpg

I posted this in another thread. Reenactor in the park
iso 200 f3.2 1/100 sec
i-Dx7Mrsj-L.jpg

That's the thing I have rented a d750 before to try it out and to me it was a meh camera and at the moment I'm doing a lot of mixed photography such and wildlife and people and weddings and I'm liking the new tech in d500 my other choice was a d4 but thinking of waiting till the d5s come out then I can pick up a d4 on the cheap... glass I have basically all fullframe glass but I don't mind that... I have gotten really good shots with my d7200 but my spare body is d7000 which I don't like so wana get rid of that and have the d7200 as a spare and then later sell that to fund either a d4 or d810

TBH, Carlos I can't make heads or tails of where you are going. You think the 750, the best reviewed camera from Nikon in years, is meh. You are saving up to buy either a D4 or a D810 which are so radically different and meant for different purposes that what you say just puzzles me.

I would suggest that you settle on your likes/dislikes and then understand the shortcomings of what you have and that will guide your purchases.

In the interim, you might consider just posting pictures for C/C and seeing how people react to them.
Because, in the end, your equipment is irrelevant to anyone else, it's your images that count.

TBH, Carlos I can't make heads or tails of where you are going. You think the 750, the best reviewed camera from Nikon in years, is meh. You are saving up to buy either a D4 or a D810 which are so radically different and meant for different purposes that what you say just puzzles me.

I would suggest that you settle on your likes/dislikes and then understand the shortcomings of what you have and that will guide your purchases.

In the interim, you might consider just posting pictures for C/C and seeing how people react to them.
Because, in the end, your equipment is irrelevant to anyone else, it's your images that count.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

The traveler I have added some pics to the people forum if you wouldn't mind have a look there and any CC and comments would be welcome thanks bud

hi guys another d500 question has anyone been using it for people photography like family shots and weddings and so. How's the dynamic range, depth of field and higher ISO quality. If you have any photos please add and please leave a comment..

Thanks

Today:

small_KC1_2071.JPG.jpeg

Shoot your D7200 till it breaks, save your $$$ and wait till something better turns up in 2017-18.

The D500 for me is a proxy for the next D8xx

I took these three with an Olympus EP-3 , a 6 year old half frame camera that's the size of a point and shoot. It had a decent lens, perhaps the equivalent of your 50 1.8, but it is nowhere near modern cameras like Nikon makes, light years away from the 7000 series.

upload_2016-11-24_18-58-15.png

upload_2016-11-24_18-58-51.png

upload_2016-11-24_18-58-59.png

Learn to use what you have - first.
Once you get good with a camera, any camera, the importance of the equipment shrinks except for edge cases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back