Nikon D500 iso 51200

Can you give us a subject that doesnt have single colors ?

Something alife like a tree, for example.

Monochromatic Subjects are relatively trivial to clean from noise.

Nope

Trying out shots in low light.

straight out of the camera iso 51200 f5.6 1/1000 sec
i-KnQCw4X-L.jpg

a few quick adjustment in ligtroom
i-hWRVngC-L.jpg

And here is one from my D7200. ISO 24600, f/1.8 and 1/40. no lights on in the house and very little light in the hallway.

I would say there is considerably less noise with the D500 which is using much higher iso than my d7200 and he is at a much smaller aperture too.

with 1.8 or 2.8 or something on it i bet you could shoot hand held in pitch black lol... ancy chance you can run a test like that.. not sure if you have a fast lens or not.

20160427-DSC_8869.jpg

Last edited:
Thats still Impressive from the D7200.The highest I have used was just under 12,000 and what noise it had I cleaned right up using Noiseware by Imgenomic without getting mushy.

I don't get it
I get the same results on my d90 with added lights and a much lower ISO.
:)

lol .. nice results.

Good exposure at high ISO is better the a badly under exposed low ISO an trying to pull it out In post can make ISO 100 look like crap.

Thats still Impressive from the D7200.The highest I have used was just under 12,000 and what noise it had I cleaned right up using Noiseware by Imgenomic without getting mushy.

i am guessing my bad lighting was good bad lighting.. i know i have taken some photos where it seems worse than that at a lower iso.. so i dont know.. i usually set my max iso to 10k on my d7200 when i am using auto iso..

for my bird photos on a crappy day allot of the time they still look good enough to use at 10k.. any past that it just gets too much for my liking..

i was looking at some high iso photos online from the d500 and a few of them were maxed out ISO and there was probably less noise than i usually get at at ISO 6400 or so..

I really want this D500. It's not just extremely impressive as a crop sensor, it's impressive as a dSLR period. Makes me really want to see what the D5 can do.

i am guessing my bad lighting was good bad lighting.. i know i have taken some photos where it seems worse than that at a lower iso.. so i dont know.. i usually set my max iso to 10k on my d7200 when i am using auto iso..

for my bird photos on a crappy day allot of the time they still look good enough to use at 10k.. any past that it just gets too much for my liking..

i was looking at some high iso photos online from the d500 and a few of them were maxed out ISO and there was probably less noise than i usually get at at ISO 6400 or so..

ISO10k? I hate to go above ISO800 lol. Maybe I'm too picky about noise. Are you printing large at all?

I really want this D500. It's not just extremely impressive as a crop sensor, it's impressive as a dSLR period. Makes me really want to see what the D5 can do.

ISO10k? I hate to go above ISO800 lol. Maybe I'm too picky about noise. Are you printing large at all?

allot of us sport and wild life shooters really like our crop sensors.. i do allot of wild life. if i were shooting people or land scapes only i would have a D750 but when you go into DX mode for the 1.5x crop on a full frame you get less mega pixels, we often need to crop our photos a good deal so the more MP the better. i am kind of suprised the D500 is only a 20mp camera. i could deal with that but would not want to go any lower if i did not have to.. that is really who this camera is made for, sport and wild life shooters that want a pro like camera but do not want to give up the crop sensor..

i have not printed any of those high ISO prints yet. but here is a photo where the ISO was at 10k, i probably did a little noise reduction on it in light room but i never use much noise reduction the sharpness of your images goes to crap.. i usually use auto ISO for my bird photos and its set to 10k max.. some photos at 10k have turned out really good. some seemed a bit to noisy.. i guess it depends on the quality of your lousy light.. but when shooting with a big lens that is not fast and on dreary days you kind of need the high iso especially if your after something flying since you really want a minimum shutter speed of 1/1000 to stop motion.

DSC_2169 by Daniel Caldwell, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back