Nikon D5000, 300mm lens away in the bleachers section

coreduo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
074.jpg

Cool shot. What event is this?

Compositionally, I would have put the subject in the lower right corner. I think that more space in front of the swimmer for them to move into would have been nice.

It looks a bit out of focus. At first I thought maybe motion blur but 1/500 seems like a fast enough shutter speed to stop the action. I think because you were shooting at f/5.6 the depth of field was small and you missed the focus on the swimmer. Could you have bumped up the ISO even more?

I was panning Greg. I also place them in auto although Ii doubt if a macro 300mm can adapt to autofocus. I have to intermittently focus by way of twisting the lens left-right vice-versa.It was a swimming tournament among universities in Ontario, Canada. I was just wondering if I can put them in this forum. Do you think I can? Frontal shots of swimmers. They were good but I have doubts whether I can put them here.

Its out of focus and underexposed and not shot at a good angle, you need to be shooting at F2.8 and higher ISO

I was just wondering if I can put them in this forum. Do you think I can? Frontal shots of swimmers. They were good but I have doubts whether I can put them here.

I don't see why there would be a problem posting them here. This is a beginner forum and photo gallery. I wouldn't expect them to be NSFW (not safe for work) but if you post anything that is questionable then add a NSFW tag to your title and you should be fine.

I was just wondering if I can put them in this forum. Do you think I can? Frontal shots of swimmers. They were good but I have doubts whether I can put them here.

I don't see why there would be a problem posting them here. This is a beginner forum and photo gallery. I wouldn't expect them to be NSFW (not safe for work) but if you post anything that is questionable then add a NSFW tag to your title and you should be fine.

Ok.

Auto edited in Photoshop Elemets, converted to black and white..

053.jpg

This one is one of my best unless professional critics like you in this forum say otherwise. Got it with my 300mm Zoom lens

professional critics like you in this forum

I'm far from a professional.

I might have zoomed out a little more in the new photos you posted. Show the story of them preparing for the race. They both look sort of snapshotish to me. There is really no composure to the shots. The B&W photo loses too much focus because you have a small depth of field caused from using a f/5.6 aperture. The focus is on the swim cap of the girl in the foreground but she is mostly out of the frame. The color shot appears out of focus across the entire image.

Keep at it. I can only imagine how tough it is to shoot in conditions like you had.

:thumbup::D

With that lens you are never going to get good shots 1/125 @ 300mm will not cut it, it's just not fast enough (wide aperture)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back