Nikon D5000 vs Lumix G1

I used to shoot with a Panasonic GF1, and I can pretty much echo what usayit is saying. The RAW output out of it is incredibly sharp.

I love m4/3rds for what it is. It's not a DSLR, and shouldn't be compared as such.

IMO if you go m4/3rds, go for something like the GF1, or any of the Olympus Pen's. They're the epitome of the standard. small size, interchangeable lenses. the G1 is pretty conservative in design.

There are three main reasons why i can find most people shoot micro 4/3rds:

The IQ out of my point and shoot sucks, but DSLR's are too bulky and I don't want to look like joe-pro.

My DSLR is too bug to carry around with me, but point and shoot IQ is too much of a compromise.

You can use adapters to mount almost any system lens onto the camera. Any Canon, Nikon, minolta, Olympus, Usayit is using Leica M-mount lenses on his cameras, even CCTV lenses are usable on it because the mount and register are so small. That is incredible flexibility.

As far as speed and IQ is concerned, yes the D5000 is better, but speed and IQ aren't everything.

As far as speed and IQ is concerned, yes the D5000 is better, but speed and IQ aren't everything.

Did you mean Image Quality by IQ?

Okay, so I took the plunge and went with the Nikon D5000.......Now to just figure out how to use the damn thing and break the point and shoot habits. I guess that's the beauty of Digital, you can always preview what you just shot.

Most reactions

Back