Nikon D5100 generic batteries?

tissa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been trying to find a battery for my D5100 to have a spare one, but I can't fine any generic ones to save my life! I really dont want to speand $60 on another battery. When I had Sony Alpha it was very easy to buy a generic battery for$18 and it worked just as good as the original one.
Does anyone know if there are any generic batteries for Nikon D5100 out there?

tissa said:
I have been trying to find a battery for my D5100 to have a spare one, but I can't fine any generic ones to save my life! I really dont want to speand $60 on another battery. When I had Sony Alpha it was very easy to buy a generic battery for$18 and it worked just as good as the original one.
Does anyone know if there are any generic batteries for Nikon D5100 out there?

When I bought extra batteries (7 months ago) the guy at the camera store said there weren't any generic batteries out yet. I would assume there would be some out now!

Just buy regular ones they are not very expensive, and last a long time. I am surprised there are no 3rd party yet myself as there are 3 very popular cameras that use the same battery. I think more than 3 actually.

I got a Nikon EN-EL14 for $40 from FRYS.com | NIKON . The last generic battery I bought didn't stay charged anywhere close to as long as the one from the manufacture.

Also got mine for $40 at Fry's for my D3100

Thank you all! As I mentioned when I had Sony Alpha the generic battery i bought for dirt cheap $18 stayed charged just as long as the regular one. I am not ready to spend $60 on a battery. I will check out the links you all provided!

Battery Grip? And why is that? I would be leery of a $6.80 battery but I must say I did buy some generic batteries for my Canon S95 for a very low cost and they work great. With my D7000 I decided to stick with Nikon batteries. If a generic battery leaks, explodes, etc. and ruins a $1,200 camera you're SOL. I bought a generic for my D80 from Adorama that sucked so I went back to a Nikon battery for a spare.

Jerry

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks to dumeril7 I got a generic one for $40 (with shipping and taxes). Lets hope it works ok

tissa said:
Thanks to dumeril7 I got a generic one for $40 (with shipping and taxes). Lets hope it works ok

I thought the one he posted didnt work with the d5100. I didn't check - that's just what another poster said.

Most reactions

Back