nikon d60 + 50mm 1.4 vs nikon d90 + 50mm 1.8

Jin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Which of those two combinations would produce the better picture quality?

My budget is around 800$ max. And i need a dslr body with one prime lens.

So far ive been looking only at nikons.

Anyone have any good canon combinations as well?

I think I'd go with the D90 and 1.8. Better ISO, ability to shoot movies, more FPS (I think), in-body focus motor. That's my very quick 2 cents.

yea D90 is better, but i think its goint to cost you more then 800$, not sure , maybe on ebay youl find used body, they still expensive whats price for new? 1200 ithink

If its ISO 100, than easily the D60 and the 50mm (if its the 50mm f/1.4G)

The D90 is a much better camera than the D60, and it will work with less expensive AF D lenses. However, the D90 camera by itself is $770, refurbished, or $900, new.

Get the D90 + 50 1.8. I own this combo and I absolutely love it. Its fantastic. Plus, in the future, when you want to buy more lenses, youre going to love having the body with the built in motor, live view, and superior ISO capabilities. You could also always get this lens, then sell it later down the line for the 50 1.4 if youd like. The choices are endless. Bottom line, the D90 is an outstanding camera. The 50 1.4 Nikkor is an outstanding lens. The combo together is an outstanding combo. You will not regret it.

Mark

I guess it depends on what you're using it for. You could go with the d60 and 50mm 1.8 if you're willing to manual focus, which if you're using it for product photography or portraits wouldn't be so bad. Having that as your only lens isn't very versatile, so I'm guessing you've got a specific purpose in which case the d60 would probably be fine. But if you're buying the 50mm with hopes of expanding the lens collection I'd go d90.

d90 hands down, theres very little difference in quality between the 50 1.4 and 1.8. the same isnt true between the d90 and d60

Most reactions

New Topics

Back