Nikon D60 or Canon Rebel XSi?

yenmaster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Which is better? I am gonna buy one and dont know which one to get. Let me know what you all think.
thanks

Which is better? I am gonna buy one and dont know which one to get. Let me know what you all think.
thanks
If i had to do it over agin i would get the canon... but since i have some money into nikon i am just going to get a newer body

I would get a used d70s instead of either. Better controls (two control wheels) and an autofocus motor built in!

Please tell us something about your current situation: what types of photography do you like? Are there any specific features which are very important to you in a camera?

In general, I would say that you're looking at two VERY similar cameras, and so if you know that they have the features you want, your best bet is to try them out and see which one you like to USE the most. For example, I prefer Nikon's menus and interface to Canon's -- but I know people who feel exactly the opposite.

But, if you have specific needs with regards to a camera, that could change my opinion.

Personally, I will choose the XSi.

- CMOS vs CCD
- 12mp vs 10mp
- liveview vs no liveview (XSi can even display the liveview on your PC. Good for product shooting)
- no issue with all the EF fast primes vs can only get the fast primes with build-in motor

But, I believe the D60 is cheaper then the XSi.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back