Nikon D60 replacement out - D3000

Anything less than the D80/D90 needs to burn a slow and painful plasticy death.

BTW, anyone else have this odd and unexplained craving for a soccer ball with peanut butter on it?

Looking through Nikon's new PDF feature comparison, the D3000 and D6 are placed right next to one another. One difference is that the D3000 has a larger 3.0 inch LCD instead of the D60's 2.5 inch LCD; both have 230,000 dots in their LCDs. The D3000 has a few more filter effects, one of them being the "miniature effect" that has become so popular.

The D3000 has 4 different autofocus modes to the D60's 3 modes, the biggest one in my opinion being the D3000's addition of the fourth mode which is 3D Tracking with 11-area autofocus. The D60 has three-area autofocus,and no 3D focus tracking capability.

Most of the other specifications like synch speed, weight,battery life,and so on are virtually identical with the D60. I would wager however, that the image processing pipeline in the D3000 could be a bit better than in the D60; Nikon has been getting better and better at wringing the absolute best color,noise performance,and in-camera sharpening in each successive consumer camera. My guess is that the same sensor is used in both D60 and D3000--but it "might" be a different sensor; I do not know. But I do know that newer cameras typically yield better image performance than the model that came before, and in the case of D60 and D3000 what has it been? Has it been two years since the D60 and D3000?

Most reactions

Back