Nikon D60

Cool.

I wonder if it has a built-in focus motor.

Cool.

I wonder if it has a built-in focus motor.

It doesn't. It's a d40x with dust-removal and some absolutely absurd gimmicks, like the ability to turn a series of pictures into a movie in-camera. Is it time to buy a Canon yet?

It doesn't. It's a d40x with dust-removal and some absolutely absurd gimmicks, like the ability to turn a series of pictures into a movie in-camera. Is it time to buy a Canon yet?

Some people like those absurd gimmicks, even if you don't. I mean, I don't either. But then again, the D60 isn't my type of camera anyways, I'll stick with my D300, thanks.

Why would you buy canon if you can't use it make movies out of still frames... All I see here is even more value for the drugscrewed teenage girl mind, which wouldn't buy this camera anyway infavour of using their phone, and I've totally forgotten where I was going with this.

I'll save the Sony hi-def video camcorder for my video needs... and leave the pics to my D200 happily enough.

im disappointed... I was hoping to see a D80 upgrade to drive the price down before i buy one...

D60 seems ok, but not worth the upgrade from the d40, and i didnt read the price but it may not be worth buying over the d40x

It will be interesting to see if this D60 actually replaces the super-cheap D40 or if it just ends the D40x.

Why would you buy canon if you can't use it make movies out of still frames... All I see here is even more value for the drugscrewed teenage girl mind, which wouldn't buy this camera anyway infavour of using their phone, and I've totally forgotten where I was going with this.

I just find Canon's line up is suited to people of all skill levels, whereas Nikon seems to be aimed at either house-wives or professionals. Or advanced enthusiasts with a huge bankroll...

It just seems like nikon could release a better "pro-sumer" camera like the 40d, or lenses like the 70-200 f4 L. Our closest competitor is like the 55-200 and it feels like its made of wet toilet paper and the d80 (while being a wonderful camera) is getting dated and is definetely not on par with the 40d.

can't wait for the D80 replacement, I'm already growing out of my D40x, but can wait. . .D300 is too much for me, and i think the D60 is just retarded. . .

I just find Canon's line up is suited to people of all skill levels, whereas Nikon seems to be aimed at either house-wives or professionals. Or advanced enthusiasts with a huge bankroll...

It just seems like nikon could release a better "pro-sumer" camera like the 40d, or lenses like the 70-200 f4 L. Our closest competitor is like the 55-200 and it feels like its made of wet toilet paper and the d80 (while being a wonderful camera) is getting dated and is definetely not on par with the 40d.

The D200 is actually a close competitor with the 40d, it is a couple hundred dollars more than the 40D whereas the D80 is a couple hundred cheaper.

I would take a D200 over a 40D any day of the week.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back