Nikon D600 or D800

I don't think she would be happy with our savings gone due to a single camera hahaha

Having owned a D600 and now owning a D750, I would definitely not go back to the D600. There are just far too many improvements on the D750.

Heck, I even prefer details like the shutter sound, its deeper now, a really fat, satisfying "clack". The Autofocus field is larger and the autofocus system is the best you can get from Nikon. It has a tilting backscreen. Ergonomics are much improved; the grip is better, the buttons are more configurable, and theres important new options like 100% magnification on a single button press. The built is more robust, without gaining in weight. It has WiFi, though that one still clearly shows potential for improvement (but I wont use it for now). The sensor was slightly improved, too.

Found a D600 on KEH for 879.00 with free shipping. The wife was willing to let me get anything but I think this is a good step towards professionalism, new tech and being financially frugal. I great compromise.

Anyone want to buy a D300 or RZ67?????

nice! you pulling the trigger?

just monitor your sensor from time-to-time. Get the shutter and AA screen replaced for free if you start seeing some in photos past f/8. Then if they ever come back, call them up and get your brand new D610 for only a $900 investment.

just monitor your sensor from time-to-time. Get the shutter and AA screen replaced for free if you start seeing some in photos past f/8. Then if they ever come back, call them up and get your brand new D610 for only a $900 investment.

Sure did. Considered the next day shipping for 40 bucks but figured I can wait till Tuesday-ish for free

Edit: So it doesn't matter that I bought the camera used, Nikon will still fix/replace whatever in regards to the shutter oil thing?

Last edited:

Sure did. Considered the next day shipping for 40 bucks but figured I can wait till Tuesday-ish for free

Edit: So it doesn't matter that I bought the camera used, Nikon will still fix/replace whatever in regards to the shutter oil thing?
Free "forever (so far)" fix or cleaning of the sensor at least in the US. As long as there's oil flung on the sensor.

I shipped mine in a couple months ago. They paid for shipping to them, then they cleaned it for free and shipped it back on their dime. So no cost.

And the 2nd time like Braineack, they send you a new d610. (or hopefully d620 in the future).

Oh, good deal! SO happy for you. You're moving into an entirely different era of sensor technology and imaging potential with the D600's Sony Exmor generation imaging chip. It's like going from a flip phone to a new Samsung or iPhone. You'll have more practical photo-taking leeway on lighting ratios and exposure shifts and corrections in post. Smart move on saving forty dollars by waiting a few days and taking the FREE shipping's slight delay.

Im excited. Now I just need to work more on my lighting! hahaha

this is a good step towards professionalism
Just want to remind you one very imortant thing, to get that shot you want having a good equipment is important but not as important as having the skills.
I can get a better shot with my wifes G16 then a novise with a D810 and some pro's can get better shots with their cell phone then I can with my D750
Skills=magic results
Camera, lenses and other accessories are just the tools your skills operate.

this is a good step towards professionalism
Just want to remind you one very imortant thing, to get that shot you want having a good equipment is important but not as important as having the skills.
I can get a better shot with my wifes G16 then a novise with a D810 and some pro's can get better shots with their cell phone then I can with my D750
Skills=magic results
Camera, lenses and other accessories are just the tools your skills operate.

I agree completely. However a lot of people are topical and would see a non FX camera as being an amateur. Kind of like Alien Bee lights vs Profotos. You can produce insanely beautiful images from either but a client would rather see Profotos in your studio.

well the camera is out for delivery and im stuck at work with nothing to do but twiddle my thumbs. . . . . . gonna be a loooooooooooong day

well the camera is out for delivery and im stuck at work with nothing to do but twiddle my thumbs. . . . . . gonna be a loooooooooooong day
Been there LOL, the day always seems so long when you have a package waiting for you :)

Been there LOL, the day always seems so long when you have a package waiting for you :)

I was hoping it would be dropped off in time for lunch so I can run home and grab it. Still has another hour and 15 to be dropped off

ib4 attempted delivery note.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back