Nikon D700 + ACCESSORIES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
its possible that when paypal reversed his payment he told them it was shipped so they sent you that message. doesnt mean he actually DID ship it, or shipped something different than what you agreed on. if you DO get anything from him, make sure to go over every square inch of every piece of equipment and test it before finishing that deal. with this much hassle, i would almost expect something to be wrong with the gear.

its possible that when paypal reversed his payment he told them it was shipped so they sent you that message. doesnt mean he actually DID ship it, or shipped something different than what you agreed on. if you DO get anything from him, make sure to go over every square inch of every piece of equipment and test it before finishing that deal. with this much hassle, i would almost expect something to be wrong with the gear.

I thought that might happen as well, but the tracking # checked out as being sent today from Martin, TN. I told him last Friday that I had already successfully reversed the transaction on my card. Hence my complete confusion. I've contacted him twice today, and still no response.

When that package arrives, I'm going to "fine tooth comb" it. If / when it checks out, I'll consider keeping it (or more likely re-sell the D700 and the 24-70 f/2.8G, since I found that D3). However, if he refuses to get back in touch with me, then we'll have a pickle on our hands. I'm not sending him $$$ again until I hear from him.

I REALLY WISH I'D NEVER PM'D THIS CLOWN.

geaclaesson said:
What happened with this? Regular horror story this..

The package arrives on Monday, according to the tracking number. Mr. Martin sent it over a week after I cancelled the charge on my card. He is still ignoring my attempts to contact him.

Strangest online transaction ever.

jamesbjenkins said:
The package arrives on Monday, according to the tracking number. Mr. Martin sent it over a week after I cancelled the charge on my card. He is still ignoring my attempts to contact him.

Strangest online transaction ever.

You would think that since you got the money back he would be hesitant to send the camera. Especially with no communication. So very weird indeed. I would still be leery of this transaction. Are you sure the payment was fully reversed? It makes no sense to be why they would send it with no payment and no communication. Hopefully you will have the answer monday.

better make syre the payment is reversed completely, holy shat!!!!

Maybe the coffee maker is for all your troubles. Make sure you add that to your gear list in your signature.

Bought a camera
Little communication
Looks fishy
Back out transaction
Gets money back
Receives coffee maker....

I don't know about you, but I think it was well worth it haha

By far the strangest online transaction ever.

Package arrived today. He sent a coffee maker. A brand new in the box coffee maker.

*facepalm*

Make sure there's no bomb or anything hidden in it! Because, uhh. That sort of stuff always happens in movies.

be careful here, now the guy goes to paypal and says he got delivery conformation that the item was delivered and he wants payment. paypal doesn't know that he sent you a coffee maker instead of a camera. document it and make sure to tell paypal. I would send it back when he pays for shipping. with no contact, it still smells like a scam to me.

be careful here, now the guy goes to paypal and says he got delivery conformation that the item was delivered and he wants payment. paypal doesn't know that he sent you a coffee maker instead of a camera. document it and make sure to tell paypal. I would send it back when he pays for shipping. with no contact, it still smells like a scam to me.

O man... +1 on this, this could be very very true.

pixmedic said:

No delivery confirmation. No signature on delivery. No return address on the box. Just my company name and address, written in sharpie on the box. Good luck with PayPal on that one.

I opened it on my curb next to my mailbox cause I was nervous this dumba$$ would try something crazy.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks like that...

how bizarre. well, enjoy the free coffee maker. hope its at least a decent model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back