Nikon D700 batteries

drPHk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

About how many photos will the EN-EL3 battery take per charge? It's the one that comes with the Nikon D700.

Is there another battery for the Nikon D700 that gives it more power or is this the only one? I know about the battery attachment but I'm just curious about individual batteries for now.

Thanks

I'll be able to tell you next week once my D700 comes in... however, I hear that the EN-EL3e is good for 1000 shots. That can vary tremendously based on many things... lens with VR, D-lighting and a dozen other factors.

The EN-EL4a has a higher rating, but you need the battery grip, the BL-3 adapter and a new compatible charger. Again, I do not know but popular numbers being thrown around are anywhere between 1200 to 2500 shots per charge.

I would think the D700 with the grip and EL4a battery should get about the same number of captures as the D3. Same chip and similar circuitry. If I shoot JPG without any chimping a fresh battery can go over 3000 shots. If shooting RAW, checking histo's often and zooming around in the LCD a lot my total my only be 1100 or so. Shooting RAW or JPEG make a big difference in battery life as does lighting up the LCD for prolonged times. So yes, battery life can be vastly different depending on your style of shooting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back