Nikon D700 In Stock!

ahhhh....camera came in this morning...but i'm 600 miles from home, and I don't have the chance to use it.....:x

Hope who ever has it is enjoying it right now.

Jerry... thanks for the info. the d200 is my first DSLR.. i switched from film back in september. so i don't have a lot wrapped up in dx lenses. in fact, there are only 2 dx lenses i like, so i would just use them on my back up d70 (which i get better pics out of than my d200)

and while i have not been shooting for 50 years, i have been shooting for over a decade and i have never experienced consistently poor images like i have out of this camera. in the beginning i truly thought that it was me, and tried several different settings and combos to try to get the camera right. eventually i sent it off to nikon. they adjusted the AF mechs in the camera and sent it back. it is better, but not where i need it to be.

if it were me, than i feel i would be getting equally as crappy pics from my d70 and from the 15 other cameras i currently own. sadly, i think that the d200 offers a lot of bang for its buck, but just isn't what i need for shooting weddings. had my film gear not recently been stolen, i would simply go back and call it a day.

fortunately, i still have many of my old lenses from the days of film and i can make good use of them on the d700. ritz has it for the same price as everyone else, so i am going to pick one up with them so that if it does not show a big difference to me i can return it.

i will do some comparison shots between the two and if i get a chance i'll post. i simply just can not go on with these noisy and soft images.

i miss film.

Yup! D200 = old CCD = Nowhere near as good as a CMOS or D300 = Much more noisy = and etc.

We're in the days of digital and it's no longer like the film days where camera bodies made so little difference. Every new generation of digital bodies redefines the limits, expands the possibilities, and improves both performance and image quality.

Last edited:
So a D300 and a D700. Say one has a D300 at 1.5 and has lenses built around the D300. Should I be worried as things go from 1.5 to full frame? Is this going to cost me a bunch of money later?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back