Nikon D700 rumors

this is totally going to canibalize D3 sales. . .and it explains why the D300 has been dropping in price as well, almost at $1600!

I'm very excited for this Canon 5D competitor!

I'll believe it when I see it rumors are just that rumors. People make stuff like this up all the time. Although it would be nice for Nikon to have a little more variety in it's upper end bodies.

-->nikonrumors.com

Has all the fresh rumours you need. As to the D700, I'm still not sure if this is true. It could really canibalize the D3 sales, unless a D3x/D4 is released at the same time.
An official Nikon announcement is going to be released on July 1st, so I guess we'll know more about new models etc soon. I personally hope that they look more at their lense lineup, especially the primes, than at FX bodies... I REALLY want them to make a new 50mm f1.4 (or even a f1.2), and a 35mm f2, 85mm f1.4 and 135mm f2.

I don't understand why it would be D700 and not D400... :confused:

Because it's a new class of camera. Just like the Canon 5D wasn't called a 20D.

That said I am sick of rumours. Only last week it was rumoured to be called a D10 which makes more sense to me. I wonder if this is idle fakery like the rumours of the 50mm AV-S f/1.2 VR which keep cropping up every so often with pictures and all. At the very least this one makes sense and is probably coming. I just wish the rumour mill would decide on a name for it. :lol:

I say remove photoshop from the world and we'll see just how many rumours disappear.

Yeah the D10 would make more sense since Nikon released their battery grip for the D300 and named it the MB10 - and from what I've seen, that usually aligns (the later portion of the nomenclature) with the model name. . .I guess time will only tell. . .the smart consumer will do this: INVEST IN LENSES (maybe FX lenses) and wait until it all shakes out in 2009.

The guy at my local pro shop insists that Nikon will be releasing it in the next couple weeks. My boss seems to believe him, but he also believed that the 5D was coming out on April 22nd. Rumor are rumors, wait until you hear something directly from the horses mouth.

As someone who has upper echelon contacts with various Nikon V.P.'s I can authenticate all of these rumors to be TRUE. All of the above mentioned products in this thread will be released.... within the next five years...

If that rumour's true, it'll be fantastic to see a Canon 5D competitor. But I can't understand why Nikon would name it the D700. I mean, D1000, yes, a new digit for a new camera range. D500, maybe, but D700? It's the kind of "in-between" number that no-one likes at parties :lol:.

The reason for the name D700??

that is the lucky number of Ted Nikon (the president)

Honestly? Lmao :lol:.

In that case, why not name the very first camera he brought out the D700? :greenpbl:

The name Nikon, which dates from 1946, is a merging of Nippon Kōgaku (日本光学: "Japan Optical") and an imitation of Zeiss Ikon. Nikon is pronounced differently around the world. The Japanese pronunciation of the name is /nikoɴ/, but in the United States people also use /ˈnaɪkɒn/ and /ˈnɪkɒn/.[1

The name Nikon, which dates from 1946, is a merging of Nippon Kōgaku (日本光学: "Japan Optical") and an imitation of Zeiss Ikon. Nikon is pronounced differently around the world. The Japanese pronunciation of the name is /nikoɴ/, but in the United States people also use /ˈnaɪkɒn/ and /ˈnɪkɒn/.[1

this is my point exactly... they are naming it the D700 because Ted Nikons (the president) favorite number is D700....

apparently he couldn't use it earlier because Phil Canon (the president of canon) trademarked the name D700 for his rock band... This was done out of spite and was a strategic blow to the moral of Ted Nikon and his employees

don't believe me???.... google it...

Most reactions

Back