Nikon D7000 Err Card

lexaniji

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there,

Got my Nikon D7000 for a month now. I really like it!
But i stumbled on a problem a few days ago. I got 2x 16GB Duracell 16GB Pro Photo 200x class 10 SDHC cards in it. And when i put the second one in i get the Err Card error..

I updated firmware version to 1.03 yesterday. And it seemed to work fine again. Until this morning.

What to do? I already formatted the card in the camera itself.

It doesn't give the error on the first card.

Kind regards Me

Ps: I do not get this error all the time. When i reseat the card, it gets fixed temporarily

Do you have other cards to try? Does it matter which card goes in each slot?

Do you have other cards to try? Does it matter which card goes in each slot?

I just put the card that gave the Error originally in the first slot and it tells me: For

So i dont think it depends in which slot the card is.

I do not have this problem with any other card.

Kind regards

***edit***

I just formatted the card with the camera it self. When i removed the lens cap (protecting hood) It told me again: Card Err.

Also, On the top info screen, there's no number in the second card. Usually it puts a '2' in it, when it's in the second slot.

Last edited:
I had that happen once.....could not trip the shutter of anything....found out the card was not seated properly....

rgregory1965 said:
I had that happen once.....could not trip the shutter of anything....found out the card was not seated properly....

I see. Often when i reseat it it seems to work fine. But the info screen doesnt show a number in the card. So it looks like it doesnt recognize it

And when it seems to work fine. It keeps saying i can make like 300 pictures. Which is the same amount when only the first card is in. So its like it doesnt recognize it.

Sounds like a short in the card..likely need a new or different card. Same thing happened to me...it was a bad card...brand new out of the box.

zx7dave said:
Sounds like a short in the card..likely need a new or different card. Same thing happened to me...it was a bad card...brand new out of the box.

Thats odd. I wouldnt know how it got broken. Since i barely took it out of the camera..

Most reactions

Back