Nikon D7000 ERR messages!

As far as sensor cleaning I'm talking about it being done by a person. The tech. at United Camera told me that even if the camera was under warranty Nikon would have to make a determination of whether it was a manufacturing defect or caused by a person such as when cleaning the sensor. No one had been inside my camera for any reason so I can't imagine how the blade could have gotten bent. The strange thing is I was mainly shooting macro subjects but took another lens with me to shoot a flower which is something I never do. I switched my 180mm macro lens to a 17-50 and took pictures of the flower. When I went back to the 180mm macro the camera was no longer working. I thought I had accidentally done something but couldn't imagine what it could have been. Even if a stick or anything had accidentally gone inside the camera how could it possibly have poked the shutter since it is behind the mirror. I'm quite sure nothing entered the camera as I had the strap around my neck the whole time. It does seem strange that all was fine until I started changing lenses. Just a coincidence?

Edit: I just remembered, yes, it did work for a few shots after changing back to the 180mm because I got shots of the bug inside the flower.

Jerry

Last edited:
You know things can and will go wrong I wouldn't think this is some widespread problem, as Ive never heard about it. Im curious tho, how much use has your camera seen?

I have the Nikon D7000 and have experienced the Errmessage and what I did was remove the batteries and memory cards - wait 10-20minutes so that any charged capacitors can discharge (I learned this from HPand my 15C calculator where they recommended removing the batteries andshorting the terminals in the calculator to discharge the capacitors - theysuggested using a nickel because it spanned the terminals in the calculator –obviously, you can’t do this with your camera...). I am posting this because all of thesophisticated equipment we use today is so temperamental and we wantinstantaneous fixes – but sometimes it takes just a little patience. I don’t know ifthis will fix anyone’s issues but it does work for me. I hope it helps youalso.

"ERR" messages are like "CHECK ENGINE" on your car. It could be anything.

jriepe said:
I'm hoping my problem is not widespread and others with the D7000 will have a happy ride.

Jerry

Fear not. The problem is not widespread. If they produced 500,000 Nikon D7000 cameras and less than .001% have this problem then it is not a widespread epidemic. There are many (so many more) thousands of people like me that have had no problems with their D7000 than those that have had a problem.

I myself passed 25k shutter releases quite a while ago so id hope to think mines been built pretty sturdy.
5.jpg

Mine died at 28k.........

my Nikon D7000 is just 2 months old, and a low usage, last Saturday I was taking some pics and suddenly the Err message appears. I am worried because in fact is a new camera and you expected this brand have a strictly quality control. Somebody know if this problem was identified as a manufacturing problem or is fixable with the 307 page procedure (at this moment I hadn't making anything, just looking for help to proceed accordingly). Your comments will be more than welcome.

well , whenever i see sigma somewhere listed , I already sense problem . You should switch Your lens , at least I swaped mine and worked perfectly, Hope it helps,

I have 2 Nikon D7000 bodies and one is only a few months old, but last week, it stopped taking photos and only displays a "ERR" error message when I press the shutter. It looks dim when I look in the viewfinder and won't capture any images. I hear the mirror flipping, but that's it. I've sent this camera back to Nikon to get fixed, but in the meantime need to shoot with one camera only. (I am a family photographer.)

Has anyone gotten this ERR message with their D7000? When I google this problem, it sounds widespread, which worries me. I am wondering if I should sell my D7000s and get something else if this is some kind of defect.

Would love your input, especially of you own a D7000!

Had the same problem, ERR and the lens stopping down and nothing recorded, turned out 2 of the back up AA cells in the grip (camera was set to use the camera battery first) had gone down. It worked fine when the battery pack was removed and when I put in fresh alkaline cells.

Had the same problem, ERR and the lens stopping down and nothing recorded, turned out 2 of the back up AA cells in the grip (camera was set to use the camera battery first) had gone down. It worked fine when the battery pack was removed and when I put in fresh alkaline cells.

Wait......... what?!?! Someone actually uses the AA tray in a grip? :lol:

got my D7000 around 2013 end and I've been facing the same issue (err message) did all the checks which i found online but non of them helped ..it would click picture and some times i would get this message and if i switch it off and take out the battery and use a different card it would work then i used the same card which was showing error before and it would work. yesterday i gave it to Nikon service center thinking it would be something to do with the first (top) card slot and today i got a call from them, they said there's some issue with shutter and aperture assembly and it would cost me 120$ to change it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back