Nikon D7000 for a Sony Nex 6? - Opinions Please

Heather Koch

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay so I have been trying to sell my d7000 for about a month now and have had several offers, quite a few low balls, etc. Today I was offered trading it for a d5100 plus a 18-55mm lens, which didn't appeal to me at all. OR...
"Sony Nex-6 camera with 18-55mm OSS lens. I also have the remote (for tripod use), extra memory cards, Canon FD 50mm f1.4 lens with nex adapter etc.."

Would the trade for the Sony be a good one? Would I be able to use the Sony? As in does it compare to my d7100? I have done some little research but I am overwhelmed with finals this week for school, so I am asking a favor here :)

Thanks in advance!!

I'm confused. You have a d7100 and a d7000 correct?

Yes, sorry I figured everyone knew I upgraded to a d7100 earlier. My bad! I use a d7100 now, and have my d7000 laying around waiting to be sold. And was offered to trade the d7000 for the Sony.

Yes, sorry I figured everyone knew I upgraded to a d7100 earlier. My bad! I use a d7100 now, and have my d7000 laying around waiting to be sold. And was offered to trade the d7000 for the Sony.
Just making sure I'm on the same page. I wouldn't go for that, not because the sony is a "bad" camera but because it doesn't make much sense.
What is something happens to your d7100? It needs cleaned or repaired? If you keep two nikon cameras, you'll be able to use any lens you need to, instead Of investing in two different lens systems and being limited to each cameras setup.

Just making sure I'm on the same page. I wouldn't go for that, not because the sony is a "bad" camera but because it doesn't make much sense.
What is something happens to your d7100? It needs cleaned or repaired? If you keep two nikon cameras, you'll be able to use any lens you need to, instead Of investing in two different lens systems and being limited to each cameras setup.
My thoughts would be I play around with it, learn something about the Sony software and then sell it. Am I being greedy because I want the cash instead? Or am I being impatient by even considering a trade?

My thoughts would be I play around with it, learn something about the Sony software and then sell it. Am I being greedy because I want the cash instead? Or am I being impatient by even considering a trade?
Do you NEED the cash? I made a huge mistake selling my first dslr when I got my Sony. I should have kept it as backup. My Sony really needed to go in under warranty but I didn't want to be without a camera so I never sent it. It's probably one of my biggest camera regrets.

Do you NEED the cash? I made a huge mistake selling my first dslr when I got my Sony. I should have kept it as backup. My Sony really needed to go in under warranty but I didn't want to be without a camera so I never sent it. It's probably one of my biggest camera regrets.
Define need? Its not like I am completely poor and need the cash immediately. But I could definitely use the money. So I think you helped me answer my question... To wait it out until I get what I want :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back