Nikon D7000 + SB-700 + PCB Commander = ?

MitchStrp

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am considering upgrading my flashes, I currently own two vivitar 285hv and the recycle time is awful and I seem to have more issues then not lately. I use to the Paul C Buff commander to slave the flashes and was wondering if I could just keep it at the same frequency channel to slave two sb-700? I know there is an in camera command option but I hate menu diving, so I was hoping to make it simpler. Am I just being a big baby for not learning all my cameras slaving options? or Is it normal to keep it simple? I shoot alot of skateboarding so I need to be able to throw up flash stands and flashes and get to shooting, not alot of time to set stuff up in camera.

Well, I am just learning using flash, but I think it fairly easy to set your flashes to the same Group (A, B or C) and set your camera to the corresponding Group.

Here is what you do on the SB-900, so it's probably similar on the SB-700: Press Function Button 1 to find the Group Selection option. Press OK to Choose Group A.

On the camera (D7000) : Goto the Custom Setting Menu then e Bracketing /Flash, then e3 Flash Control for built-in flash, then Commander Mode, use the multi-selector right button to move down to Group A choose TTL or Manual. Use the multi-selector right button to choose the Channel that your flashes will be (try #1). Press OK and you are done!

Most reactions

Back