Lyncca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lynccaharveyphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys,

I swear I have read both manuals, but I can't get my camera and flash to hook up wireless! I think I know what I am missing, but I can't find how to set it.

First, I put my flash into slave or wireless mode (not sure what its called), on group A, channel 3. Then on my camera, I put it into commander mode. But, it seems, I need to be able to tell the camera what channel to use as well, but I can't find it.

Or is there something else I am missing or doing wrong? Basics please :) I'm still very noob at the remote flash.

I don't have the D70, but if it's similar to the D80, when you choose Commander mode in the menu, you click the right arrow and it takes you to a screen which shows Group A and B settings and the channel. Make sure you click OK button when done. Of course, if it's not like the D80 menu, you can ignore everything I just said. ;-)

on the D70 - pop up the flash, go into your menus where it has your flash control and switch it from TTL to commander (C). I suggest using manual and starting at 1/4 power and then adjusting from there for consistency.

On the 600, hold down the the - and zoom buttons untill the custom menu comes up, scroll through it untill the squiggly arrow (CLS) comes up and turn it on. That's it.

You'll get best results if you have the IR sensor on the side facingt he camera and just swivel the head to the subject or wherever you want.

I don't have the D70, but if it's similar to the D80, when you choose Commander mode in the menu, you click the right arrow and it takes you to a screen which shows Group A and B settings and the channel. Make sure you click OK button when done. Of course, if it's not like the D80 menu, you can ignore everything I just said. ;-)

Yea, a buddy has the D80 and it works that way, but not the D70s...

on the D70 - pop up the flash, go into your menus where it has your flash control and switch it from TTL to commander (C). I suggest using manual and starting at 1/4 power and then adjusting from there for consistency.

On the 600, hold down the the - and zoom buttons untill the custom menu comes up, scroll through it untill the squiggly arrow (CLS) comes up and turn it on. That's it.

You'll get best results if you have the IR sensor on the side facingt he camera and just swivel the head to the subject or wherever you want.

I will make sure the CLS is on, but everything else I did. Will let you know if I get it to work. Thanks for your help.

I have the D70s and the SB-800 and fail to undesrstand why Nikon finds it necesarry to make such a useful feature so freakin complicated!!!. You would think they could make it one button or so and just go but I guess that is why people are still using pocket wizards andother wireless acessories instaed of tis feature.

Nikon does have the habit of making some easy things difficult to accomplish, thats true, but once you get it... it is a lot easier.

I wish there was a 1 button press way I could get to the camera's remote flash strength adjustment mode. It takes a minimum of 2 buttons and 4 presses to get there.

Nikon does have the habit of making some easy things difficult to accomplish, thats true, but once you get it... it is a lot easier.

I wish there was a 1 button press way I could get to the camera's remote flash strength adjustment mode. It takes a minimum of 2 buttons and 4 presses to get there.

CLS BUTTON!

CLS BUTTON!

:lmao:
Nah, one step further. CLS is easy. I wanted to get to the menu that controls the remote strobes power settings from in camera. Getting there is way too many button presses than I would prefer.

Nah, one step further. CLS is easy. I wanted to get to the menu that controls the remote strobes power settings from in camera. Getting there is way too many button presses than I would prefer.

I just learned about the Canon C1, C2 and C3 settings and now I'm almost sorry that I bought a D80.

that was my idea. to have a button pull up that menu. one touch cls (channel/output) access.

Ok, I JUST figured out what I was leaving out! Your on camera flash must be popped up. It works as the remote control. This never occurred to me since I never use it! I wanted to put that in here in case anyone else ever has this problem.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back