Nikon D7100 or Nikon D7200

reelandtrigger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Simply put I am curious if it is worth the difference in costs to go with the D7200 over the D7100.

Seems it has several upgrades, but I am curious if those upgrades are worth it.

This will be my first DSLR, so any help is appreciated!

What do you plan to shoot with it ? If sports or wildlife are something of interest it is absolutely worth a few extra dollars to get the 7200. I have both.

Funny you say that BillM, I would be shooting both sports and wildlife along with landscape.

The D7100 upgraded to the highest AF chip of Nikon, and to 24 instead of 16 Megapixels, but had a buffer and fps problem for a sports camera.

The D7200 will finally give you a decent buffer and an even better Autofocus (but its apparently still the same chip with the same number of AF points, just a bit better performance).

It still lacks the fps of for example a Canon 7D Mark II, though. Just 6 fps - that isnt much for a sports camera, really. The 7D2 has 10.

Thats probably what we'll get with the D7300.

Well I settled on the Nikon D7200 along with a NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens as well as a Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR Vibration Reduction Nikkor Lens.

I went back and forth a lot so I am hoping I made the right decision...guess we will see what happens once the goodies arrive.

Thanks again for the input!

Most reactions

Back