Nikon D7100

floridafan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife was shooting with a D300 that died while on our long planned vacation. We picked up a D7100 as it was highly recommended and we have not yet taken the plunge for a full frame camera. Anyway we seem to be having severe issues with graniness even at ISO settings of 500. Is there another setting within the camera that is competing with the ISO we can check? It is quite frustrating as the quality of photos has gone down considerably.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Capris_2016_175.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 186
Was that shot from an uncorrected .NEF file or from a .JPG straight from the camera? It looks like from the size of it that you are using the SMALL BASIC setting for your outfile. Change it to "LARGE FINE". and see if the grain clears up.

pg 66-67
http://cdn-10.nikon-cdn.com/pdf/manuals/dslr/D7100_EN.pdf

Last edited:
That was the problem! My wife always shoots in raw large fine. We had an issue before a shoot with her flash and called Nikon to address the issue. They caused us to reset the camera (needlessly) and apparently the default is just raw, which is what she ended up shooting in with disastrous and depressing results. Thank you so much for your nailing the issue!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back