Nikon D750 not compatible with D lens?

enerlevel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hi all,
I just got a second he hand D750 and looks like none of my D lens work on it...
I have already tried the old 35mm f2, 50mm f1.8D and the 28-70 f2.8.. All of them as soon as I mount it on the body, gives me a F EE error.
I then tried it with all the G lens and looks like all of them work..
Is this a common problem ? Or something I am doing wrong ? Thanks

the FEE error is a coupling error where the aperture ring isnt locked at the smallest aperture.
make sure the aperture ring is set to f22 (or whatever the smallest aperture is) and that the ring is locked if there is a locking switch.

the FEE error is a coupling error where the aperture ring isnt locked at the smallest aperture.
make sure the aperture ring is set to f22 (or whatever the smallest aperture is) and that the ring is locked if there is a locking switch.
Thanks for the reply , yes I have checked all of it a couple of times but still it just doesn't work. Keeps flashing FEE error. Do you guys think it's a firmware error? I have V1.00 at the moment.

They all should work, I'm going with user error here too.

Check your software settings (just in case) and the AF switch near the lens coupling.
But I use mostly AF-D lenses on my d600 and d7000 DX. Anything above d7x00 (and a few others) can all use AF-D.

Thanks all for the reply , I have already checked all the aperture lock and the switch buttons. All the D lens works with my fiends d600 but refuses to work with my d750

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,014.7 KB · Views: 239
hmm it appears you're at f/22, what happens when you throw the aperature lock switch on? FEE is specially an aperture ring error.

Yes I tried to lock it as well but the error is same. my friends d600 reads them all with or without the aperture lock .. The error fEE remains the same even if I move the aperture ring to f2.8 ... However I did see that sometimes if I just move the ring fast non stop , the top display shows me some digits but for .5 sec but then disappears

must be something with the contacts on the mount?

Last edited:
When you switch the AF/M switch next to the lens, does the body motor screw pin move out and back in on the metal coupling?

Also, does the slide lever slide back and forth which is just above the metal coupling ? ( I Don't know if this has any effect, but just trying to help troubleshoot).

have you tried contacting the previous owner about this issue ?

I have a bad feeling about this camera. I would do a two-button reset to factory defaults. I have a gut feeling that the previous owner might have known about this problem.

Yes when I move the aperture ring from f22 to f2.8 on the lens, I can see the aperture open and close in the lens, also the lever which fits into that ring is working fine and free from any rust or stiffness ... The previous owner doesn't know much as he was using the 24-120f4 which still works just fine .. Only the D lens are giving me the problem... I went to a local shop and tested a few more D lens .. And I can def. verify that ALL the D lens are giving me the same error

Yes that is what I am afraid of..
i will try to update the firmware and check.. Fingers crossed ...

Most reactions

Back