Nikon D750 object tracking

BananaRepublic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was at a motocross event last week taking a few shots and it has got me wondering???

I had aD750 with me on the day and the last such event that I was at I used a d5100.

On both cameras you had a choice focus point options such as 3D tracking and so on. The thing with the d5100 was that as the object moved you saw the focus points change in the viewfinder, depending on what option choose of course, on the 750 mo matter what focus point option I choose, auto, 51 points, whatever all I ever saw/see is the single focus point reference.

The other thing was when I used the sigma 70 200 there was never a red flash in the viewfinder to indicate focus lock is achieved, AF, however I did observe the focus ring moving on tests. But on the 24 70 nikon it would indicate focus lock. I was sure it worked with the sigma on other occasions but I don't know am I just mixing up memories or what but didn't work.

Have I just switched something off or could there be a issue or is the camera doing the job but just not telling me. I tried 18 55 DX (nikon) just to see and the same lack of focus lock indication occurred.

I would expect the 750 to be quite capable with 3D tracking. Press the focus mode button and use the rear dial to select AF-C. Press the focus mode button and use the front dial to select 3D. The front dial selects the size of the group in play, 9, 21, or 51, and after 51 is the setting for 3D. It will say 3D on the panel and in the viewfinder when it's selected.

If you're not in AF-C first, though, it won't go there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back