Nikon D750 or Canon 6D

My girlfriend wanted photos of the house lit up so last night I took a few with my D750.

Before:
16000006182_c24e040ce8_c.jpg

After +2.6 exposure in LR:
15814944747_c437ba8c21_c.jpg

Crop of after:
16000695895_9a9809bbc6_c.jpg

If the D610 has anywhere near this DR, then the only level the 6D and D610 would be on is based on marketing.

Also it used to be that lenses were more important than a camera body and that was that. There wasn’t much to a camera back in the film days. After the advent of DSLRs and when cameras became small computers, the bodies tended to matter a bit more but still not as much. Now a good body can mean as much as a lens depending on what you’re doing. I’d still rank the importance of a lens higher but going from one body to the next depending on sensor size and body age can mean a lot faster and accurate AF, way better dynamic range, and more features that may or may not matter to the type of photography you do.
Very good example of the true power of modern Sony sensor, not only its very good in low light but the amount of DR is insane!!!
The D610 sensor is actually located ever so slightly above the D750, only one point so it doesn't mean anything but still the D610 sensor is just as good as the one on the D750, the D750 advantage over the D610 is in other areas including the new processor that lets you use a higher native ISO of 12800 rather then the highest on the D610 6400ISO and lots of other goodies.

Between those two cameras, I think it's really a no-brainer: the D750 is definitely the better buy, unless you're not comfortable with it from an ergonomic standpoint. But before you go ahead and buy one, I strongly recommend that you think long and hard if you actually need the full frame sensor. APS-C is more than good enough for pretty much anything, especially good sensors like the one in the Nikon D7100, Sony a6000, Pentax K-3 / K-5 IIs, Samsung NX1, etc. To me, the Four Thirds sensor in my Olympus OM-D E-M5 is sufficient, too.

Thanks for the feedback. I am wanting an FX, so I am going to go with the D750, just need to gather up some extra dough and going to get a pckg at a local shop.

The christmas lights on the house pictures are extremely clean. Its super impressive what the camera can do.

How much do you think I could get for selling a good condition Nikon D70 with 18-55 lens?

Just to throw a spanner in the works - if you're starting from scratch, you may also want to see if the new Sony A7 suits you. It's still full frame, great value (although the lenses are pricey), better focusing than 6D, but the same great sensors that Nikon use ... but it's also a bit of a different feel, and more lightweight.

Just to throw a spanner in the works - if you're starting from scratch, you may also want to see if the new Sony A7 suits you. It's still full frame, great value (although the lenses are pricey), better focusing than 6D, but the same great sensors that Nikon use ... but it's also a bit of a different feel, and more lightweight.
A7 can produce great pictures but has 2 issues to consider.

1.No serious fast zoom lenses, meaning you cant get f2.8 zoom lenses on it, only F4 and if you go for F4 you are loosing a lot of low light potential.
2.AF is not briliant, its ok but nothing more then that.

1.No serious fast zoom lenses, meaning you cant get f2.8 zoom lenses on it, only F4 and if you go for F4 you are loosing a lot of low light potential.
I think the AF is good enough for most people's purposes ... but I have to agree with you on the lens range. (And the lenses seem seriously pricey for what you get, too).

No1 is not an issue almost any lens that has been made will fit if you have the money even the 50mm F0.95 noctilux

No2 not an issue manual focus is very fast and for a lot of photography you do not need auto focus

No1 is not an issue almost any lens that has been made will fit if you have the money even the 50mm F0.95 noctilux

No2 not an issue manual focus is very fast and for a lot of photography you do not need auto focus
We went through this in the past, if you ok with MF then you are right, depends of your style of shooting and personal ability and preference.
Me I can hardly see the screen from up close so MF is useless, I also tend from time to time get into hyper mode when shooting where I will focus very fast at few different moving things.
As an example I was at a Hockey game where I had to switch between the game with players erratically moving on the ice and the girls dancing and cheering only few meters away from me, for me MF is not even an option, for me the Sony A7 needs to grow few more models to be attractive in few things but mostly in its lens option.
Emphasis is for me, everybody has different needs and preferences!

Most reactions

Back