Nikon D750 Purchase Fear

Discussion in 'Nikon Cameras' started by Chopster01, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Designer

Designer Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    What do you want to do with it? What is your motivation to purchase an FX body? If you would not consider a different model, then get the D750.

2. Destin

Destin Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    I have one and really like it. It's a great camera with great image quality, however I'm replacing mine with a D810. The only reasons for replacing it are:

1.) My other body is a D500. The D750 is a great camera body, but next to a pro body like the D500 it's control layout just doesn't keep up in fast pace shooting scenarios. The D500/D8xx series cameras have a far better button layout, build quality, and are just generally more user friendly. For a hobbyist this isn't a big deal; but as someone who shoots sports/event coverage it's a deal breaker

2.) More resolution. I'm not huge into chasing megapixels, but I do shoot and print a fair amount of landscape work so the extra resolution will be appreciated by me.

That's it. If you're happy with 24 megapixels and you've never shot with a true professional body, then the D750 is a true workhorse and you'll love it. I wouldn't hesitate to get one based on the recall issues; if you have a problem Nikon will fix or replace it and you'll end up with a new or like new camera body.

• Like Like x 1
  3. benhasajeep

benhasajeep No longer a newbie, moving up!

Adorama is very reputable. Cameta has decent prices on Reconditioned bodies as well. Out of many many purchases from KEH. I have only sent one thing back. And they paid the return shipping!

4. coastalconn

coastalconn Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    OP if you want the D750 hop on the one in B/S. Fantastic price. I sold a mint one a few months ago for $1500 with Grip. The D750 just wasn't for me for basically the same reasons that Destin listed above. I picked up a far from mint D810 and really like it...

• Like Like x 3
  5. Vtec44

Vtec44 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I bought mine when it first came out and shoot it along side with my D800 and now film cameras. For the purpose of what I do, I like it a lot. I shot in Scotland in pouring rain, to freezing cold in Big Bear mountain (California). It has always been good to me. I may end up getting another instead of the new D850.

6. jcdeboever

jcdeboever TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Who? I just posted the highest hit rate when I googled. I based my opinion on what I have been reading for almost two years. My friends camera is way past the old posted serial number. This is a design failure from what I read, serial numbers have no signicance. It's a matter of time from how I read it. Actually, multiple failure. This camera has cost Nikon dearly and will continue. To suggest purchasing it based on it's history is not wise in my opinion. Sure, the OP may get lucky but he will not, based on the HUGE recall rate.

7. Destin

Photos OK to edit
    Eh, I'd disagree with this. I know at least a dozen people personally who own one or more D750 bodies. 2 of them use them full time for wedding work, and they all swear by them. I think this is generally a case of people only coming online and posting about the camera when they have a bad experience; you generally don't hear about the majority who are happy with the camera and have no issues because they don't have a reason to come online and talk about it.

The vast majority of D750 owners are happy with the camera and have no issues with it. Those who do have issues seem to be getting them fixed for free under the recall. I guess I'm just not seeing what the problem is.. even if you're unlucky enough to get a bad one it'll get fixed for free.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    Sounds a lot like Alien Bee flash units-- fix-ups when they break down, which is often.

9. fmw

fmw No longer a newbie, moving up!

In my view, the most important characteristic of a digital camera is reliability. It trumps sensor size by a wide margin. If what you are using is doing the job, let it keep doing the job.

10. benhasajeep

I think someone changed their signature! There seems to be change in the equipment!!! What's up with that??

11. Destin

Photos OK to edit
    A post with full explanation is coming in the near future once the UPS man arrives ;) until then it’s a secret

12. benhasajeep

Secret, No. Tease, Yes. :aiwebs_016: :allteeth:

• Funny Funny x 1