Nikon D750 underexposure

Thank you so much for clarifying, now it all makes sense.
I turn my EC off, but i'm not sure now about my metering. I do shoot only manual and i use spot metering when shooting a subject.
What would have been my ideal metering method for the above landscape?

In the two landscapes here you had the camera set to matrix metering. If all you're doing is adjusting the exposure controls (shutter/aperture) to zero the meter indicator then the question is begged why shoot manual?

There is no ideal metering method. How did you test your camera's meter?

Joe

Angle your camera down slightly so it doesn't meter as much of the sky or learn how to use spot metering
Also the camera didn't underexpose you did you said you were in full manual mode

In manual mode the ec should only matter if auto iso selected as far as I know

jaomul said:
In manual mode the ec should only matter if auto iso selected as far as I know

No, that is incorrect. In manual mode, with exposure compensation dialed in, the meter when set to the centered position will reflect the amount Plus or Minus exposure compensation amount the user has entered; this is extremely useful when shooting in front of large, dark-colored backgrounds, or large, bright backgrounds, or whenever an "offset" from the meter's normal reading is desired. (Just verified with a Nikon, in Matrix, and Manual mode, and set to Minus 0.7 EV, and also with no EC dialed in.)

Always open to correction, just glad I didnt state it as an absolute fact, nice to learn a bit to :)

Most reactions

Back