Nikon D750 vs. Canon 5D MKII

That's what I heard too!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

I wonder if it's from light getting in the body from the LCD panel like back when the Canon 5dm3 was released ?

The problem is in order to maintain some secrecy, the companies don't test the products as well as they should. This happens to tons of companies, even Apple is an example of this.

One reason to never be on the bleeding edge or a new release.

I wonder if it's from light getting in the body from the LCD panel like back when the Canon 5dm3 was released ?

The problem is in order to maintain some secrecy, the companies don't test the products as well as they should. This happens to tons of companies, even Apple is an example of this.

One reason to never be on the bleeding edge or a new release.

I saw a few issues, but it’s apparently not wide spread. I had the shutter mechanism replaced in my 5D MKII 3 times and once right out of warranty but they still covered it. It was the same issue every single time and an issue the 5D’s had for a while. My newest one is the most up to date version and works perfect and now I have a 5D MKII to sell with probably about 1000 clicks on the shutter because of it.

I would rent the 750d and a good lens and take it as a 2nd body on your next wedding. Do the zoom/low light shots with the d750 or the AF taxing shots, and see if it will be worth it for you to jump to the dark side.

I would rent the 750d and a good lens and take it as a 2nd body on your next wedding. Do the zoom/low light shots with the d750 or the AF taxing shots, and see if it will be worth it for you to jump to the dark side.
If it has a light leak, it technically would be the Light Side :)

Actually everyone knows
Nikon=Jedi
Canon=Sith

Don't know about the light leak, glad to say I don't have any issues with my D750, just a happy owner!!!

The "light leak" shown in those videos looks like it might be two separate things, first, lens flaring when aimed toward a strong light in an otherwise dim room, and second, an internal reflection from something inside the mirror box when the camera is aimed toward a bright source that strikes the lens front at a steep angle. Looking at it the Fred Miranda pages, the most likely issue seems like it's the bottom edge of the mirror--which appears it would benefit from a swipe with a black magic marker. If the camera had "a light leak", it would be ruining actual photos. lol.

Tough choice between ditching one complete outfit with good lenses, but a camera that has burned through two shutters and is on its third shutter, for almost an identical outfit with good lenses and a VASTLY better ultra-wide zoom, along with a newer, better body with better AF system and better image quality. Ditching never feels really comfortable. You have the money and the experience tied up in the Canon setup, but the AF in the Mark II was always the limiting factor. Blown focus and not being able to shoot unless stopped down enough to cover focus areas sucks. If you can find a way out from under the Canon gear and not have to take much loss, that would be a great situation. I think you'd also realllllllllly like what can be done with a Sony-sensor-shot file when it comes times to shoot against the light, and you need to lift the shadows, and not have noise and chroma pollution in the shadows, even at base ISO.

Just listed all my Canon stuff on e-bay but the PW MiniTT and I need to find the box for that if I still have it. That'll give me enough to buy the body and three lenses. Any idea what I can get for a Nikon 24-104 f/4? I've seen it listed for $1,000 but I don't know if they actually sell for that much. The kit is only $600 more than the body. I did the same thing with my 5D MKII and made a few bucks off the 24-whatever came with my 5D MKII.

Just listed all my Canon stuff on e-bay but the PW MiniTT and I need to find the box for that if I still have it. That'll give me enough to buy the body and three lenses. Any idea what I can get for a Nikon 24-104 f/4? I've seen it listed for $1,000 but I don't know if they actually sell for that much. The kit is only $600 more than the body. I did the same thing with my 5D MKII and made a few bucks off the 24-whatever came with my 5D MKII.

I think they sell for over 1k, like 1300, so you could probably get like 900 for it.

Jake

If price is no object, the D750, no contest.

Black Friday deals are looking good this year. I'm thinking the D750 kit for $3,000 and a 7-200 for $2,000. If I can sell the D750 kit for for $900-$1000, it'll save me about $600-$700 overall. $4,000 for a D750 and 70-200 f/2.8 VR II? Yes please.

I just want lenses for my 7100 still but I don't want to pay 1500 for a lens. Seems when you do the camera deals you make out okay. You just want the lens they screw you.

I just want lenses for my 7100 still but I don't want to pay 1500 for a lens. Seems when you do the camera deals you make out okay. You just want the lens they screw you.

That's why buying mint used copies works out so well.
Let somebody else take the beating.

Most reactions

Back