Nikon D80 at ridiculously low prices

robotfood15

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been in search of a new DSLR and I came upon a website called pricingdepot.com. They have merchants on there who are selling the D80 for as low as $349! Has anyone had any experience with merchants TrustedPhoto or ExpressCameras or ExpoCamera? It's probably too good to be true but TrustedPhoto.com seems like a legit operation and they have the D80 for $609.

Has anyone done business with BroadwayPhoto? They have the D80 for $669. They seem legit.

Do yourself a favor and click on the link at the top right of the page. B&H is probably the biggest camera store around...and their prices are pretty darn good.

If you are buying online and want good deals, I can tell you from personal experience that Adorama and B&H are both top notch companies with great prices and return policies. Also, I have purchased 3 cameras from Cameta Camera on eBay and they have been excellent (I had a defective D80 and they took care of it instantly including shipping both ways). Except for them pushing an extended warranty (which a LOT of places do... and actually the warranty prices are pretty good if you want them) there is no pressure, everything is factory fresh and USA Warranty from Cameta.

You can ALWAYS safely assume that the ultra low price places are a rip-off.

Thanks guys. I should of known that it was too good to be true. I will be sticking to the reputable merchants as suggested.

The good news is you asked BEFORE you bought. Good plan!

just google in the company name and see what comes up.

You can safely buy cameras from the big companies, esp. B&H - they may be $10 - $15 mor than some other place, but they are totally honest and super safe.

Keep in mind that camera stores earn virtually no money off cameras - they earn it from printer ink cartridges, memory cards, filters, camera bags, paper... you name it - just not cameras and most lenses. The margins are too thin for them. It's the little and disposable items that keep them in business.

Most reactions

Back