Nikon D80 Mirror lock up to clean sensor

rubbertree

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've searched high and low and cannot find any help for this. I want to clean my sensor but the mirror lock up will not highlight. It says "this option is not available with current settings."
I've tried every setting and it still will not highlight! What am I doing wrong?

mirror lockup alone is not sufficient, you also need the shutter to be open.

I dunno about Nikon but my Canon XTi has a manual sensor cleaning option in the menu so it lifts the mirror up for me and shutter

Make sure your battery is fully charged. It's a feature so the camera won't shut off when you have the mirror up. Also, when you select it you have to press the shutter button which will keep it open and the mirror up until you shut the camera off. If it is fully charged, then you can disregard this...

set camera to bulb then press and hold shutter.

This is a good way to break something if you let off the button.

There should be a sensor cleaning setting(somewhere in the menu, check your manual) that opens the shutter and lifts the mirror, they will stay up/open until you turn the camera off.

This is a good way to break something if you let off the button.

There should be a sensor cleaning setting(somewhere in the menu, check your manual) that opens the shutter and lifts the mirror, they will stay up/open until you turn the camera off.

Agreed...stick with the mirror lock up.

There is a mirror lock up settng on my D100 and you need to have an AC adapter plugged in to make it work when I cleaned my D100. It was in the book so I assume your book will have it too.

Is there really no option on Nikon to lock up the mirror AND open the shutter? there must be.

ah, ok, sorry for my Nikon-ignorance ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back