Nikon D80 or Canon XTI?!

NOXVJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I Just ordered a Nikon D80 and a Canon xti, both 10mp, for $400.00 each. The shipping is refundable upon return and i'm trying to decide which one to keep. I've read through every single feature of each and each one seems to have an even distribution of pro's and con's...has anyone had experience with both?

Whichever one feels better in your hands and controls seem most natural is the best choice.

My guess is that they are body only with no accesories or equipment included. When the XTI came out, bestpricecameras.com had it for $650, so my dad ordered it. You had to call to confirm the order, and it turns out that it came with nothing.

If that's the case, NOXVJ, then whichever feels the best in your hand, because you will have to buy lenses, batteries, memory cards, filters and all sorts of equipment for whichever camera you choose.

From now on, make http://www.resellerratings.com/ your homepage.

Let me guess. Royal Camera, or something similar.

Good luck actually getting the cameras. I'll bet they are permanently backordered, until you agree to $1000 worth of accessories.

CMan, FYI: bestpricecameras gets this rating from reseller ratings:

Six-Month Rating: 0.23 / 10
Six-Month Reviews: 65

Yeah, thankfully he cancelled the order and bought it from another place.

I've read so many good things about B&H, that if I need to buy any equipment, I'll get it from there regardless of cost. A good buying experience is worth as much to me as anything else.

Most reactions

Back