Nikon D80

I recommend it for first DSLR.
A bit late with the recommendation - I suspect that a camera has already been bought since the post is from September 2008.
But if someone new to photography is searching for advice he still can find it...
The D80 was a good camera and is still usable if you are strapped for money, I have a D60 which is even older and that is also a good camera for those who cant afford more but come on seriously the D80 is an old, old, old camera!
If you feel the need to recommend a camera then recommend something newer and more current.
Nothing wrong with the D80 but its time to move on.
Its not. I got it and with 50mm f/1.8 G lens I shoot as good photos as D3300 shoots with kit.
My D60 in good light shoots photos just as good as my D750
Its a good lighting camera only, I stand behind my statement that for few more dollars I rather get the D5100 if its my only camera.
My D60 is on my stand ready to be used and at home or back yard if the sun is out. Its a nice second body camera, if I had one camera and was starpped for cash I would get a D5100 which is probably about 100$-150$ more and 10 times better in low light and better DR and better AF system.
Not same here. Here 5100 is about double as D80...
Well the D80 is still a usable camera with the proper lighting :)

Most reactions

Back