Nikon D90 or Canon Rebel T2i for a Rookie

thanks again for all the input, it just seems to me, being a total rookie when it comes to SLR's, I think I might focus my attention on something entry level like the Nikon D40 or similar.

Then if I get hooked and want more, I'll step up to the D90 or similar. thanks a million for all the comments!

That is what I'm doing, but be warned, it gets expensive fast! I hope to upgrade to the d90 eventually, but feel I need to prove my skills on the d40 first.

thanks again for all the input, it just seems to me, being a total rookie when it comes to SLR's, I think I might focus my attention on something entry level like the Nikon D40 or similar.

Then if I get hooked and want more, I'll step up to the D90 or similar. thanks a million for all the comments!
The D90 and the T2i are entry-level, the top of the entry-level segment though, rather than the bottom of the entry level.

If you decide photography is not for you, and assuming good condition, either will be easy to sell making your foray inexpensive.

The D90 and the T2i are entry-level, the top of the entry-level segment though, rather than the bottom of the entry level.

If you decide photography is not for you, and assuming good condition, either will be easy to sell making your foray inexpensive.

Hey!!!! Who you calling the bottom?!?!?!:playball::playball:

:irked::irked:

Oh yeah, that is me!
:confused::confused:

Hey!!!! Who you calling the bottom?!?!?!:playball::playball:

:irked::irked:

Oh yeah, that is me!
:confused::confused:

I'm still paying on my D40 from 7 months
ago. I'd have to take out a second mortgage
to get a D90. :lol:

if you have the money to buy a d90 right away, do it,
its not that more complicated than a d40.

i bought a d60 a quickly ran into some limitation when i starting getting into flashes.

if you have the money to buy a d90 right away, do it,
its not that more complicated than a d40.

i bought a d60 a quickly ran into some limitation when i starting getting into flashes.

Same here. I'm getting my first flash and already wishing I had a d90.

I'd go with Canon. Nikon has some of the worst fan boys...much worse than those MAC guys...

So what are you then? :confused:

I say, look what lenses you really want and pic your camera.

Also, pic them up at a store. One will most likely feel better or worse to you. Scroll through the menues, etc. Either way, you'll be fine either way. There are award winning photographers that shoot Nikon and Canon. I've seem some amazing photos come from P&S cameras. It is more about the person behind the camera.

I thought Nikkor would work on Canon but Canon lenes won't on Nikon. Lol Im all confused now.

That idea is generally correct: the Canon EOS system of cameras has a reasonably long flange-to-film plane distance in millimeters. It is a longer distance than that used in most other 35mm camera systems. Because Canon uses a longer flange-to-film plane distance, that allows enough room for lens adapters to fit in between the lens and the body, and so it means that Canon EOS cameras can be adapted to multiple brands of lenses, and still achieve Infinity focusing, without the need for glass elements in the lens mount adapter.

While adapted lenses lose autofocusing and lose automatic diaphragm action when used on a Canon body, they CAN be used. Nikon F mount, M42 thread mount, Yashica/Contax, Leica R, and Olympus OM mount lenses, plus lots of medium format lenses can successfully be adapted to Canon bodies.

I am starting out with the lowest Nikon the D3000 and I do plan on upgrading to a D90 or D300 when I get good enough.

Most reactions

Back