Nikon D90 Problem

I am having the same issue with my D90. Several months ago, the shutter button would do nothing once in a while. After a week or so of this intermittent behavior, it now now longer functions. No focus mode (half press), no shutter (full press). Most of the issues discussed here involve the lens. I connected my remote shutter cable and the camera works fine. Same with the IR remote. Just the native shutter button fails. So my assumption is that the button itself is not functioning. Has anyone had this issue and other than sending it to Nikon, is there a fix?

I am a newbie to the forum and will appreciate any help.

I have the Nikon D90 and have recently experienced a very odd problem. When I turn on the camera and do nothing else immediately after wards, the shutter freezes. The shutter can be pressed but with no reaction from the camera. I do not get an "Err" message on the top LCD. Also none of the buttons on the camera work.

I have to turn off the camera and turn it back on in order for the camera to function properly.

However if I turn on the camera and immediately (w/in a second or 2) begin to press the shutter or use any of the buttons on the body the camera will function as usual. Also the camera sometimes freezes if at some point I stop pressing any of the buttons or shutter.

Do I have a defective camera?

I welcome any comments or advice you may have and thanks in advance for your help.
I have the exact same problem. I have drilled down into every menu in settings and anything else I could find. I just turn it off after I finish a series of photos and then turn it back on. Someone else left a number for Nikon to call. I'm calling tomorrow!

Perfect excuse to get a new and much more capable camera like the D7200.
Let the old lady rest and get a new modern tool into your tool shed.

That sounds like a wonderful idea. I'll let you convince my main old lady aka my wife that it's time to drop another $1000 on another camera. Seriously this is my 4th SLR. I need to get more proficient with it. That is difficult when I am constantly turning it on and off.

That sounds like a wonderful idea. I'll let you convince my main old lady aka my wife that it's time to drop another $1000 on another camera. Seriously this is my 4th SLR. I need to get more proficient with it. That is difficult when I am constantly turning it on and off.
How about a D5200 or D5300, its a lower body but it will be so much better then the D90 ?
Much better sensor and much better AF system.
New D5300 is around 600$ and I personally would get it any day over the D90

Most reactions

Back