Nikon D90 Users

Scruggelgreen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Good Afternoon everyone!
I just wanted to share with you a little bit of my experience over the last few days. I recently upgraded my Nikon D3000 to a Nikon D90 (Mainly because of the CMOS sensor, High ISO performance, Bracketing, and some other minor features). And i must say Wow! The ISO performance difference between the D3000 and the D90 is huge. I just attended my little sisters confirmation ceremony at her church, and shooting pictures there was aways a challenge for me due to the very low levels of even light, and the hard focused small spotlights in the ceiling creating hard shadows on everyone. The D3000 Did well at ISO 100 and 200, 400 was only as needed, and 800 was only if your life depended on it. But with the D90 i was shooting ISO 800 - 1600 (Mostly 1600) all night with my 55 - 200mm 4 - 5.6 ED VR lens and got some stunning pictures! I will try to post some of them later tonight when i get home. Please comment your ISO experience if you are a fellow D90 user! Thanks Everyone!

its an amazing little box.

I absolutely love my D90! The only downer i can think of is that the video recording option doesn't have auto focus. looking forward to seeing some photos! :)

I absolutely love my D90! The only downer i can think of is that the video recording option doesn't have auto focus. looking forward to seeing some photos! :)

the only options i am missing, is the PC sync port...thats about it

D90 is an amazing body! Once I pick up a D300s it'll be the perfect backup body.

I agree. I'm very impressed with my D90. I had the D80 before (still have it) and ISO 1600 was pushing usability for my son's sports photos. With the D90 I can shoot ISO 1600 all day long without even flinching. Even the ISO 3200 shots look good (after processing).

I always recommend the D90 to anyone asking about Nikon DSLRs. It's all of what most people need, but it's got some limitations for sports. I wouldn't mind a D300s for that reason, but I'd never part with my D90.

this is good to hear. I have a D3000 and was seriously considering picking up a D90.

D90 is an amazing body! Once I pick up a D300s it'll be the perfect backup body.

we have the sames plans! hehe:thumbup:

I use ISO 1600 give me similar result to my old Nikon D60 at ISO 400.
This is the big help when shooting in low light environment.

Just be careful when use long shutter at ISO 1600, I found many noise at 5 seconds long shutter in my street picture. overall is Great camera!

-Santacruz

Most reactions

New Topics

Back