Nikon D90 warranty advice needed please!

ufjamolei

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am about to purchase my first DSLR,the Nikon D90 and 18-105mm VR kit! These are the three I am looking at:

Adorama refurb body &lens w/90 day Nikon warranty on both for $931

Cameta refurb body & lens w/ 1yr Cameta Warranty on both for $960

Cameta NEW body & lens w/ 1 yr Nikon Warranty on body & 5 yr warranty on lens for $1076

If the prices seem off its because I have factored in shipping and the bing cashback, but these would be my final totals.

My question is...based on the condition and warranties which would you go with? Is the extra $ worth it to get the new equipment with the full nikon warranties? Common sense is telling me yes, but my cheapness is telling me to save a buck where I can. Also, if I were to sell either piece would the Nikon warranties be transferrable? Thanks!

#2 seems like the best deal to me...

dude for 100 dollars more get the best warrenty #3
ive had lense screw up - something with the auto focus ring that made it impossible to focus in auto and manual and the cost to fix it was rediculous like 150.00

For only $100 more, I would go new too...

I would also get #3. Check with Adorama... when I got my used camera the "mack" warranty was only $50 for 2 years, parts and labor...

I would also get #3. Check with Adorama... when I got my used camera the "mack" warranty was only $50 for 2 years, parts and labor...

I had considered the Mack Warranty, but I read a lot of bad reviews...such as them keeping your stuff for months when you send it in and putting equipment back together wrong. I know you can't believe everything you read on the internet, but I have seen too much negative. Anyone have experience with Mack?

Thanks for all your input. I decided to play it safe and went with new!

You should also look into adding it to your homeowner's/renter's insurance. I added all my equipment to my renter's insurance. In the event that I lose it, damage it, or it gets stolen, they will replace it with a new one. It was suggested to me by my sis-in-law, who is a photographer. She has all her equipment on the homeowner's insurance. She recently damaged part of her equipment and they gave her the value to replace it with a "new one". Now, you may prefer to wait and have something repaired, but I just want to replace it and keep it moving. My coverage for all the equipment listed below is $37 a year.

You should also look into adding it to your homeowner's/renter's insurance. I added all my equipment to my renter's insurance. In the event that I lose it, damage it, or it gets stolen, they will replace it with a new one. It was suggested to me by my sis-in-law, who is a photographer. She has all her equipment on the homeowner's insurance. She recently damaged part of her equipment and they gave her the value to replace it with a "new one". Now, you may prefer to wait and have something repaired, but I just want to replace it and keep it moving. My coverage for all the equipment listed below is $37 a year.

good advice...I will look into it! Thanks!

Most reactions

Back