Nikon D90 Will it be good enough for my needs

I would rather have good photography skills and good photoshop skills;) You guys who are not to fond on photoshop should watch some tutorials by chris orwig cs4 for photographers creative color, creative effects, and camera raw. Shows you alot of option you just don't have with a camera alone.

I would rather have good photography skills and good photoshop skills;) You guys who are not to fond on photoshop should watch some tutorials by chris orwig cs4 for photographers creative color, creative effects, and camera raw. Shows you alot of option you just don't have with a camera alone.

No thank's don't need to for most of what i shoot

I am not a professional photographer, nor do I ever want to be. I do enjoy photography as I can tell you do. I simply do it for fun and as a hobby.

I have the 18-200 lens that you are inquiring about. It is good for many things... travel, snapshots, hiking, and general photography work.

The reason it is not a professional lens is for many reasons. First off, it doesn't have a very large aperture, so it is very slow. This also leads to a lack of good bokeh. Not to mention, it has horrible distortion. The distortion goes through a range of pin-cushion to barrel distortion, and it is not correctable in post processing.

I also have a 50 MM Prime. I love it, but it is limited. It has very good optics, and is very fast. There are some instances where it could work great in a wedding or portraiture.

If you decide to go pro someday, you will realize that you will also want a good wide angle zoom, as well as a fast mid range zoom and a fast longer zoom.

As you start shooting more, you will begin to realize what you will need, and what you want.

As far as photoshop is concerned.... I don't use photoshop, but I will make some minor adjustments in Aperture (a workflow image program for Mac's). Since I mostly shoot RAW, I need to adjust the sharpness, saturation, vibrancy, and contrast a little bit on each photo.

Welcome to the forum. Get the D90 and just start shooting. You can only get better by taking pictures and posting them here and asking for help.

I remember my first pictures from almost a year ago that I thought were good. Now they are nothing compared to what I am shooting now (although I still have so much to learn and improve on).

-Andy

No, you will need to get at least the D3s. Then like 70 pieces of some nice fast glass at about 1-2k a piece. Then you will be like totally 1337.

i have learned the same thing just over a month, my first photos seemed good, now they seem great, and im sure in a year ill look back and be like Whiskey Tango Fox those old ones suck!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back