Nikon DSLR 3200 just stopped taking pictures...

photohound

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

Can anyone help? I am in the middle of big trip and my camera has just...stopped taking pictures. Well, its taking pictures, but when I go to review I get message that either playback "cannot display this file", or the image just doesn't register at all. The pictures will show up for a few moments after I shot them, and once or twice have registered - before disappearing altogether. Battery is good, memory card SEEMS to be fine...though I am highly suspicious....I haven't dropped camera and although it is enduring travel, to my knowledge hasn't been banged around much...

I'm using the DSRL 3200 Nikon...I love my camera and it has never let me down till now...memories and amazing shots are being lost as I type...can anyone recommend solution or suggest what problem may be? I am sorry - I love taking pictures, but am not expert enough to have proper vocab...

Any help would be fabulous...

I would immediately perform a reset of the D3200's settings to the factory defaults. To perform a reset, manually choose the reset option in the Shooting Menu and in the Setup menu.

First, press 'Menu', then go to the Shooting Menu and scroll until you get to "Reset Shooting Options" is highlighted, press ok, highlight 'Yes' and press OK again.

Repeat this for the Setup menu.

also try another card and/or do a format. Like Darrel says go back to square one on the works.
I would immediately perform a reset of the D3200's settings to the factory defaults. To perform a reset, manually choose the reset option in the Shooting Menu and in the Setup menu.

First, press 'Menu', then go to the Shooting Menu and scroll until you get to "Reset Shooting Options" is highlighted, press ok, highlight 'Yes' and press OK again.

Thank you thank you...it is all back on track...your advice was right on the money!

photohound said:
Woodsman said:
also try another card and/or do a format. Like Darrel says go back to square one on the works.
Derrel said:

Thank you thank you...it is all back on track...your advice was right on the money!

Well, that is just great to hear, photohound! I am glad I was able to help you out, and get your camera back into action. Thanks for the update to your post.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back