Nikon F5 35mm SLR

plastii

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi.

I'm a happy owner of Nikon D80 and Nikon D300 digital cameras. Someone who I know is offering me a Nikon F5 film camera for $150 (perfect condition). My question is...should I go for it or not? I never shoot film before so I don't know what to expect. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks.
Marek.

wow that is great deal....... you sure it's not broken? or stolen as Mike said?
if you dont' buy it will he sell it to me for that price? :p kidding
i use my dads old F4 sometimes. i love that thing.

It's not stolen. It actually belonged to his dad who was a photographer, but I had it in my hands an it looks like new. But still not sure about shooting film.

Thanks
Marek.

shooting film can definitely be frustrating. whenever you send away a roll of film and get back the prints and they all suck :(

shooting film can definitely be frustrating. whenever you send away a roll of film and get back the prints and they all suck :(

I guess I can live with that - I think I'm going to buy it and take it for a test drive:) hehe.

What???

oh come on that's never happened to you? you get a roll of film you're excited about and you get the prints back just to find that all your shots were crap? or at least not what you were expecting?

What???

oh come on that's never happened to you? you get a roll of film you're excited about and you get the prints back just to find that all your shots were crap? or at least not what you were expecting?

F5's don't take bad photos.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Not all will be crap.
There will always be ONE photo that you will classify as being the best one (shot on that roll).

Shoot B+W and develop your own film.

If someone I knew offered me an F5 for $150, I would go directly to the ATM without question.

If someone I knew offered me an F5 for $150, I would go directly to the ATM without question.

ATM? To hell with that - my PayPal is ready NOW.

Seriously, if they're offering you an F5 and it's honestly not stolen or broken or anything like that, it's because they either owe you a massive favor/family kind of thing or they don't know what it's worth. If it's the first, buy it and flip it on eBay. If it's the second, either flip it on eBay or do the honorable thing and tell them what it's really worth.

Not all will be crap.
There will always be ONE photo that you will classify as being the best one (shot on that roll).

Shoot B+W and develop your own film.

pfft, not every time! take care of your film, keep it cool! and away from x-ray, oh and read books on exposure, you will learn a lot quicker with them, i never write down any exposures or take any notes and i can get decent exposures most of the time just by experience once you know your cameras light meter. but i have had about 3 rolls before where the whole roll turned out almost completely grey, UGH so sick. i shoot only with film.

Buy it! that's less then half of what it's worth on the used market. A perfect condition f5 sells for about $350-$450.

Most reactions

Back