Nikon F50 First Pics.

K_Pugh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Hi,

Currently back to the photography scene after a few years off due to having to get shot of my Nikon D70 :( . I purchased a Nikon F50 (N50) a few weeks ago, kit lense as far as i know. These are the first pics i've taken with the camera - i just scanned the actual prints with my scanner.

just my acoustic guitar
acoustic.jpg

guitar again with feeling
acoustic_flowers.jpg

my pride and joy, my Grado GS1000's and my Joanna Newsom print.
gs1000_newsom.jpg

my dirty bass guitar
ibanez.jpg

Jasper my German Shorthaired Pointer.
jasper1.jpg

jasper2.jpg

jasper3.jpg

jasper4.jpg

jasper5.jpg

LED Worklamp
lights.jpg

My Pre-amplifier.
linn_kolektor.jpg

Rusty old rail at the promenade.
orange_rail.jpg

Spot the face in the tree?
robin1.jpg

A few views to finish with.
view1.jpg

view2.jpg

view3.jpg

Any comments welcomed but bear in mind this is the first time i've picked up a camera in 2 years i think now. No photoshop or cropping done as my computer is way too slow for that carry on lol.

Thanks for looking,

Kev.

Some nice shots here.

Dog on couch - Nice DOP and captured the mood well.
Rusty rail - Interesting angle and leading line. Try in B&W.

Loving the Grado GS 1000s, I've got the Bose QC2's, mine aren't as good, but I can appreciate a good set of headphones.

the rusty old rail at the promenade has wonderful colors and i like the composition. :thumbup:

thanks for the comments guys.. the rust really was that orange!

my GS1k's are my pride and joy but i need something better to run them off, the output from my Linn preamp is so-so.

Thought i'd try a little PP on one of the shots to get to grips with it. How did i do? i think i may have overdone it slightly.

Before:
jasper3.jpg

After:
img008-pp-resize.jpg

more editing:

Before:
acoustic.jpg

After:
img005-pp-resize.jpg

more:

Before:
jasper5.jpg

After:
img011-pp-resize.jpg

I think i'm getting the hang of it!

I think that all of those edits were improvements. I really like that first shot you edited, a very regal pose of a nice looking dog. Nice work. How do you like that camera by the way? I'm a digital guy but am looking to get some film experience before heading off to college.

The rusty rail is really good. Nice composition, and the saturation is superb. The ones of your dog are really nice, and the landscape ones are beautiful. You quite clearly haven't lost your touch in 2 years!

thanks again for the comments.. i wasn't sure if any of them would come out or or not and i never used a tripod for any shots.

I find the F50 quite easy to use. If you've had an SLR before, well, it's all pretty obvious. It's very simple though, or atleast it is compared to my old D70. It's fairly good though, seems quite solid, good weight, feels good to use.. no problems with it yet.. just a bit limited options-wise and the buttons (AE-L, and the 5 adjustment buttons) are a bit fiddly to find at first.

Most reactions

Back