Nikon FE2 lens question

APBorisov

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just got a new (well, new to me) Nikon FE2 which will turn into my dedicated B&W camera, and I'm wanting to expand my lens collection.

Just so I can check, this is a standard F-mount, correct? So with the exception of the DX labeled lenses (ones without the aperture ring), I'm able to use any modern F-mount lens. Does this sound right?

Thanks for any help that you could give to me and I'm definitely looking forward to becoming an active member to this forum!

-Alex

Yeah, but DX doesn't refer to no aperture ring, that's the G designation. Might be that all DX lenses are G but all G lenses aren't DX. Anyway, stay away from the DX series and you're good to go.

Excellent, thanks for the prompt reply. Also, is there a good place to find *good* used eqp? I didn't see a classifieds section on this forum, and I hate using eBay for certain items. Any ideas?

You have to stay away from G lenses because none of them have aperture rings so they won't work on your camera. Aside from those, any Nikkor AI (auto indexing) lens will work. That would be any Nikkor lens manufactured or converted after 1974.

I use Nikon and have found some excellent Nikkor lenses at good prices. Just check the sellers feedback carefully and the item description and you should be okay. Rule of thumb on e-bay, never spend more thsan you can afford to lose if the item is crap unless you are prepared to knock on the sellers door and demand your cash back, which I am.

Cheers, Lol

APBorisov said:
Excellent, thanks for the prompt reply. Also, is there a good place to find *good* used eqp? I didn't see a classifieds section on this forum, and I hate using eBay for certain items. Any ideas?

I know several people that get used gear at KEH Camera, www.keh.com, and seem to have good luck.

Lol999 said:
I use Nikon and have found some excellent Nikkor lenses at good prices. Just check the sellers feedback carefully and the item description and you should be okay. Rule of thumb on e-bay, never spend more thsan you can afford to lose if the item is crap unless you are prepared to knock on the sellers door and demand your cash back, which I am.

Cheers, Lol

Yeah, that's the thing. I was looking on eBay and found some good Sigma lenses and thought about nabbing them. I've had good luck with Sigma but not so good luck with eBay :meh: Who knows, I'm sure I'll find a good place.

Most reactions

Back