Nikon FM2, all black

I won't complain about it. I've been working on this same roll for about a week, so I can't wait to see how they come out. The first roll was a 100 speed that I took about 2 weeks on, and they came out like crap lol.

The 1.8 50mm will work on almost any Nikon DSLR. On some models, like my D7000, it works fully automatic. The lens itself is worth $90-100. Good buy. If you need parts for this one, I have a box of bodies in various stages of disrepair..mostly film advance stripped or shutters bent. You pay the freight and their yours. these were cameras used by high school students, but to give testament to their durability, my students used them for 12 years when I was able to buy 50 of them for $50 apiece from a school photography firm. that equates to about 1200 students.

Turns out the only thing wrong is the film rewinder knob. It's actually a really nice functional camera!

What is wrong with the film rewinder knob?

Somehow a reply to this thread didn't make it but somewhere amongst all my debris, I have a box of "broken" FM and FM2 camera bodies used by my students over the years. Most of the issues stem from stripped film advance cams or bent shutters. If your camera doesn,t work, try to identify the issue ad I can send you cameras with those parts working. No lenses as I culled those and put them to better use on some of the newer Nikon digitals.

Turns out the only thing wrong is the film rewinder knob. It's actually a really nice functional camera!
You may be able to source that component on eBay and replace it (?)

That's the easiest fix there is on that camera. Shoot us a quick pic and I am sure between everyone here we can provide a fix. I used these cameras for 12 years as classroom student cameras.

Just the little flip out part of it is broken off. I'm not too worried about it, I have an auto rewinder/grip thing for it.
IMG_4589.JPG

That part just unscrews, and a new one can screw into it's place. Open the camera, put a screwdriver in the shaft tp hold it still, unscrew by hand. Some older cameras, like the Nikon F, have a set screw holding it in. most do not.

Thanks! I'll take care of that when my current roll is gone!!

Nice find. Makes me want to drag out the F2's and dust them off.
Nah, I'd just think of the good old days, get depressed, and have to put them away again.

Most reactions

Back