Nikon leak again?

Where does this fit in the scheme of nikon's range?

like is it better than the D70s?

hmmm it's not exactly a pretty camera is it.

Good question. Looks like more "pro" than the D70, but less than the D2x.
I've heard it's built more on the D70 body than the D2x's.
Looks like a cross of my N80 and D70 to me.

I have been saving for a D2X. At this moment in time I will be able to buy the D2X before the D200 hits the shelves. From what I could gather the D200 is a jump above the D70 and a step below the D2X. The price tag is exciting. Rumored at the 2-3 thousand dollar range. 12 megagpixels and ISO as low as 100.

I am not sure what to think about Nikons gap between the D70 and D2X. On one hand they may be riding out the success of the D70. On the other hand they may be a little frightenened by cannon's success in their $3,000 range camera. Still another thought is that Nikon puts a lot of time into their products.

I think the D200 will fit in the same place the D100 did in the total Nikon DSLR lineup. As already mentioned, above the D70s and below the D2 series. As far as it not being "pretty", as long as the output file is beautiful it could be a 2 pound boat barnacle for all I care.

Gotta love the big screen on that thing.

I hope nikon... canon and others keep each other on their toes, so that we'll get the good toys for good price.

hmm liking the 5fps and the price at the moment seems reasonable. I may well sell my D70s as I can probably get as much for it selling in the UK as I paid for it overseas...!

Anyone seen a vertical grip for this? I sincerely hope there is one! not having one on the D70/D70s was a BIG let down

EDIT:

After reading this http://www.christianmusicianradio.com/d200/ I am not so convinced it's real. Read the comment at the top - why would nikon release it and take it down?! Doesn't make sense to me.

Phil Askey (dpreview.com) said:
Thursday, 27 October 2005
Website security 101
Phil ramble: I honestly can't count the number of times I've seen a manufacturer 'accidentally' place embargoed material on a webserver. It happens before almost every major announcement, this year it has happened with such predictability that you begin to question whether it's just deliberate, designed simply to create hype. Such leaks have occurred in the last 48 hours (twice) and were located by users keen for information who simply used (a) a site based search engine (in the first instance) and (b) changed a single character in a URL (in the second instance). Please manufacturers get a grip on your webserver security, don't upload embargoed material until the minute of announcement and if you must make sure that it is in a password protected area of the site and isn't indexed by your search engine. (23:20 GMT)

This would explain why it was shown then released. It was probably when they were working on the release page and set it up but accidentally posted it to the live part of the site....just like mentioned in Phil's rant.

Not so sure I'll jump the gun and buy one right off the boat. Might wait abit until the D200s hit's the street.;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back