nikon lens on canon body?

nomav6

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
has anyone tried out the adapter that lets you use a nikon lens on a canon body? I have a 200mm lens for my nikon, but I love my canon now so I was wanting to use the adapter, anyone know of any draw backs to this? thanks

I hightly doubt that you would ever get a Nikon lens to work correctly on a canon body. It might let you manual focus, but I'm sure the metering would not work. And since they use different versions of TTL the flash wouldn't work correctly either.

Its like an apple/pc or ford/chevy thing. They both do the same thing but have different ways of doing it that are not compatable with each other.

If I were you I would sell the Nikon 200mm and put the money towards a Canon lens.

K

I believe that the Nikon mount is smaller in diameter than the EOS mount, so theoretically it's possible. Has to be cost prohibitive though. You'd have to find a machinist that could do it & understood how to do it correctly. The flange-to-film/sensor-plane distance has to be correct or the lens won't focus to infinity.

If you could do it, it would work like using a m42 screwmount lens- focus wide open, stop lens down, meter & shoot.

Unless you're talking a very expensive f/1.x 200mm lens I'd bite the bullet and pick up a 200mm Canon lens off ebay.

its not that expensive to get the mount for it, theres some on ebay for about $50 but I dont know if they work, guess I'll still stay away from them. thanks

Sell it and buy yourself the Canon 70-200 f/4 L, or if you can afford, the 70-200 f/2.8 L IS. You won't be disappointed.

:D

I'm not sure about this but, I know Canon's auofocus motor in in the lense; isn't Nikon's in the body?

Most reactions

Back