Nikon Lens

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by droyz2000, Mar 4, 2007.

1. droyz2000

droyz2000 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I am in the market for a new lens. I have been looking at the Nikon Zoom Telephoto AF VR Zoom Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8D G-AFS ED-IF Autofocus Lens (Vibration Reduction). Does any one have any experience with this lens that could give feedback about it?

2. fmw

fmw No longer a newbie, moving up!

Sure. It is one of the best telephoto zoom lenses ever made. The bad news is that it is long and heavy and hard to carry around. There you go. I think it is that simple. For me it is worth dealing with the size and weight to get the excellent image quality. For others it might not be.

3. jwkwd

jwkwd TPF Noob!

Check out one of the Rowe Photo stores in the area and see how you like it, up close and personal.

4. droyz2000

droyz2000 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have gone to Rowe photo and held it as well as taken some shots with it. It seems as if it a tank of a lens but I just want to know if I am getting the best I can get at that kind of money.

5. dewey

dewey TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Buy it... and you'll get used to the weight. It's my favorite wedding, portrait, & wildlife lens... it'a amazing.

Search around and you'll find good reviews online. Here's mine from when I upgraded from the non VR version.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73077