Nikon Lenses

otohns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello. I am not a photographer but I recently inherited a number of nikon lenses and camera equipment. My wife and I could really use the money and would like to sell them if possible. I read other threads that suggested finding the best price on Ebay. I tried there but I don't know enough about cameras to know whats right. I was wondering if someone could provide any suggestions based on the information below (all the information is just from reading numbers off the side of the lenses):

1. Nikon AF Micro Nikkor 105mm, 1:2.8 (picture attached)
2. Nikon AF Nikkor 35-105mm 1:3.5-4.5 (picture attached)
image1.JPG
image2.JPG
image1.JPGimage2.JPGimage1.JPGimage2.JPGimage1.JPGimage2.JPG

3. Also inherited a Nikon SB-24 Speedlight

Any information is very helpful. Thanks.

The 35-105 is a nice, but not terribly valuable lens. I would expect it to sell for (depending on where you are located) for between $100 and $150. The micro-Nikkor 105 (macro lens) is quite desirable, and should fetch between $375 and $425. Prices assume that the lenses are complete, clean and operate correctly.

I agree with tirediron as I am always looking into glass.

Thats very helpful. Thank you. I found the other two below but am not sure what they are, are they separate lenses or do they go with the first two lenses?
Again, this is very helpful - thank you very much. The first three pictures are the same structure as are the last three.
1A.JPG
1A.JPG
1B.JPG
1C.JPG
2A.JPG
2B.JPG
2C.JPG

Those are a couple of third-party wide angle lenses, neither of which are worth a lot; maybe $50 each on a good day.

Any information is very helpful. Thanks.
You should post this in "for sale". Ask Tirediron to move this thread to the for sale forum. Also, search online (like e-bay, etc.) for the average sales price (completed sales) and put a price on each item.

And snap a pic of the flash to include it.

Real good day, at $50. That Tokina a is a pretty nice lens, I have one in a Pentax K mount and it is surprisingly sharp and renders colors very nice. I paid $25 for it. Not sure on the spiratone, I seem to recall several companies making lens under the label of Spiratone.

The issue with your Nikkor lenses is that they are not D (Distance) models but rather the older versions of the lenses. That is not say they aren't fine lenses. It just says that they have less value on the used lens market. I would expect the zoom to sell for right around $100 and the 60 Micro to sell for about $200. A D version of the 60 could go as high $300 in an auction. I use the 60 in the D version myself and it is optically outstanding. I've tested the zoom briefly and found it to be a great value given its market value.

The Tokina is manual focus and should bring about $40. The Spiratone is wider and should bring a little more, perhaps $60.

Of course timing is everything. The prices depend on who is bidding and why at any given time.

I might be more interested if the lenses were "S", meaning the ones with a focusing motor in the lens. As these are, I would have to manually focus them, so I'll pass. This could be something that will keep the current prices lower than they should be.

Most reactions

Back