Nikon MB-D10 - Any Input?

PhotoXopher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightartisan.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For those with the D300/D300s/D700, how many of you have or have considered the MB-D10?

Why did you decide for or against?

I've had the grip for a D40, D80/D90 and D200 - but I'm not so sure about it this time around.

Any comments are appreciated, thanks!

It makes my nuts swell every time I use it.

A camera without a vertical grip feels like a toy to me. I like a camera to have some heft and bulk to it. I believe it gives me better control and a rock solid hold.

Looking at your avatar, you could use some camera handeling tips. ;)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
D300s gets 7fps anyway, so I wouldn't necessarily get it for the 1fps increase, I find that 7 is wicked fast and usually pops 2 shots out before I even realize it.

Thanks for the info on the Zeikos, that might be an option - price is right.

What's wrong with my camera handling? Been shooting like that since day one and get shots like this one regularly, but would be open to learn some tips/tricks to improve!

4" handheld. I know it's not razor sharp, but I'll take it. :D
454763673_GmB99-L.jpg

Does the D300s shoot 7 fps in 14 bit RAW without the grip?

I have 2 - D300's one is gripped (MB-10) and the other is not. The only problem I have with the gripped body is the tripod mount / head with some of my bigger lenses contact the grip. So, when I use the larger lenses I use them on the non-gripped body. I was going to grip both bodies but after some use, decided not too. As for the grip itself. It has been mounted for almost a year now with no problems. I do rotate the batteries though (from the camera to the grip) just so the one in the camera is not sitting there all the time. I have it set for grip battery to be used first since the camera battery is trapped by the grip. But I still swap them over everynow and then just to rotate them.

I have used the grip mounted on a tripod with some fairly heavy wide angle lenses and it shows no signs of problems (Nikon / Tokina f/2.8'). Basically it seems more than adequate for any lens that does not have a its own tripod foot. Happy with its construction and build quality. I think that even though its priced higher than the off brand ones. Its worth it. Although there is one off brand one that looks identical to it. Forget the brand but they do look identical. Not sure if they really are or not.

If I wanted a grip for my D700, I would have spent an extra coupla hundred and got a D3.

The MBD10 on a D700 defeats the purpose, and isn't really much cheaper than a D3 when you put the ENEL4 in it.

Kind of a mixed bag of opinions... I guess the deciding factor is what and how you shoot most often.

I got mine for the reason that on long trip and where charging is not always easy you can just use AA batteries! the other reason being that when using larger lenses without the grip the camera is very lens heavy! and lastly it makes the camera look sweeeet!

Update:

I went ahead and got the Zeikos version for under $60 shipped... for my needs it should be more than adequate, plus it'll relieve the temptation to buy that special battery :) Another benefit is that it didn't dip too badly into my 80-200 funds.

Update:

I went ahead and got the Zeikos version for under $60 shipped... for my needs it should be more than adequate, plus it'll relieve the temptation to buy that special battery :) Another benefit is that it didn't dip too badly into my 80-200 funds.
If you can swing it, full reviews when it arrives and after you've been using it for a while!

Update:

Your Welcome & Congrats... :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back