Nikon MB-D10 battery grip

NE-KID

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Guys & Ladies,

Good and bad about the Nikon MB-D10 battery grip are they really worth the price for the battery grip?

Thanks Jamie

I don't know about the MB-D10 but I do have a MB-D11 and an MB-D80 and the are certainly worth the price to me.

definately worth it
ups your FPS and the battery life is worth that in itself

I thought it was kinda tacky when i first bought one but to be honest after shooting with it for a while you wont ever take it off, and being able to use AA's is a big plus for some

If you like higher FPS, more shots per charge (assuming you're using rechargeable batteries), more stability (from the added weight and grip area), and vertical controls, then it's worth it. If you don't care about that stuff, then probably not worth it.

Personally, I don't like Nikons without a grip. My pinkie and lower part of my palm hangs off the edge and it's uncomfortable after a while..

I have a generic one and it permanently resides on my camera. For birding it is a no brainer, as others have said, better balance, more FPS, and thousands of shots of power...

a lot of people like the grips just for the added weight and feel. if you shoot a lot in portrait orientation it can be much easier with a grip having the controls where they normally are on a camera. the extra battery life is good too.

I use a generic, Zeikos one on my D90 (don't have one for the D700 - it's heavy enough that I don't need one for balance) and it's worked very well!

Indeed! It's a "must own" and get the "Nikon" despite the Zeikos being popular. I've had both. The Nikon is metal to match your D300/D300s/D700!!!
8 frames per second with it also!!!

My cheap one with a cheap en-el4, door and charger gets 8fps also and it was $70 for everything. But The aa holder doesn't work.. If I had the money I would go Nikon..

Do you not get the faster FPS with a Zeikos? And is the metal the only reason to pick it over the Nikon?

Edit: Nvm Coastal just answered as I typed.

I bought the Zeikos and it seemed fine. But I also bought a used "Nikon" to compare with it. I was going to keep the one I wanted, and send back the other. I returned the Zeikos. The metal build was matching the D300 body and I liked that. The rubber on the Nikon was better, thicker as well.
It all boilded down to that for me... build quality... but I'm sure the Zeikos will be fine also.

Most reactions

Back