Ockie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.eduardockerse.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Edit:
Ordered the ring, lostprophet helped me out on the last couple of questions I had... now I'll just have to wait a couple of weeks to get the product... ordered it in Shanghai
:D

I've been taking some test shots with my old Vivitar 100mm F/2.8 MACRO lens, hand holding it, more less where it should be on my EOS 400D, and I quite liked some of the results, except for the part that I couldn't control aperture and that I nearly dropped the lens... + risk of getting a looooot of dust in the canon ;)

anyhow, I found this adapter ring on eBay, and I'm wondering if this would be more less what I needed so I could mount my Vivitar lens on the Canon...LINK

some other questions are:
-will I be able to control aperture? (I control it on the lens ring, when mounted on a Nikon camear)
-will I be able to use AV mode?
-is image quality better than getting a set of extension tubes for around the same price (30-35€) ?

Thanks!

PS: here's a test shot I took with the lens:

thanks for the info, Im still not 100% sure if it would give me problems thou...

I think not, but could someone confirm it? :) I still have 2 days left for the auction, and I'll ask tomorrow at the photo-store if they have adapter rings and if so, what their price is...

This is another "adapter" I've found on eBay... LINK

Does anyone recognize by the photos which one is better?

Thanks in advance!

found another one... really cheap one:

LINK

I guess that one should work too right?

I'm only using the ring for my Vivitar Nikon mount lens... for some macro shots... which I won't use much, so loosing a bit of image quality isn't a big deal for me ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back