Nikon Nightmare

fred0000

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
fred80.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought this would be worth a laugh so I will share, I got my D90 about 6 months ago and I loved it, then I started getting into 35mm and older SLR cameras (I have and use about 7-8 so far that I use) and i've really started to like it more then the digital and my girlfriend pretty well inherited the D90, and one night she woke me up cause I was screaming in my sleep, I usualy dont remember my dreams but I rememberd this one, I was drowning but thats not what I was freakin out about, I was holding my D90 and I couldent hold it above my head to hold it out of the water... MY D90 WAS DROWNING!!!

Kinda embarassing, but to funny not to share....any simmilar storys? probably not lol

i haven't had one, but my sister did. She recently picked up a D60 and has had dream where she left it in her car and it was stolen. LOL

Maybe it's because people who buy these amazing machines simply become addicted. :eek:)

I tend to dream about the proper use of AF points and technique...but I think I did have a nightmare about losing my LumiQuest QuikBounce by dropping it in water, putting the camera down, diving in, and then being attacked by a bunch of turtles when I got it back...

Oh yeah...dreams are weeeeeiiird...

Haha, that's pretty intense.

u people are having great dreams with great dcams..... this was true , as is said, they last longer.....good luck...

Hahaha not about camera drowning but I did have a dream one night that when I graduated from college that a friend of my dad's gave me one check for $700 and another one for something like $1400. (I have no idea why he was so generous) I was so excited I finally had the money for my camera and then the worse thing happened...
I woke up :cry:

I had a dream where all of my lenses would fall apart when I was shooting with them.

Apparently, all my Nikon dreams occur early in the morning..........

... a cat couldn't scratch it.... :lol:

I have had an odd dream....I was freaking out because I dropped my nifty fifty and the warranty card from Ritz was missing so i couldnt replace it and then I magicly found a new one (must have missed part of my dream......) and then it wouldnt autofocus and I got shot in the back of the head while taking a picture of a flower.....and then I woke up thinking I was all dead.....

I have some bizarre dreams......

I dreamt that when I first got my 700, I was going to accidentally drop it, at which point it just about exploded over the floor.

I don't have many dreams about my Nikon....that I remember at least.

However, 2 night ago, I heard my doorbell ring at about 6am (I don't get up til 6:45) I jumped out of bed quick and peeked out the bedroom window (cause who the crap is at my house this early??). I couldn't see anything so I run out to the front door and open it....nothing...street is completely silent.

Yeah....I apparently dreamed that I heard the doorbell....jumped up and ran all through the house. Bad part was that I was too awake to go back to sleep so I just watched TV for a half hour.

I do have a Nikon nightmare story for you but it was not a dream. Unfortunately for the guy, it was all too real.

I was shooting the Chincoteague pony round-up and auction. Just before the auction the ponys swim across this little piece of ocean to reach the fairgrounds and the city had boats for us media photographers.

So we're getting closer and closer to the shore and this one photog was so into his shots that he forgot we were not quite at the shore yet, stepped off the boat, and sank like a stone with his prized Nikon...

After the first reaction "what happened?" we had a hell of a time getting him back on board because we were all laughing so hard :lmao:

Most reactions

Back