Nikon offer free d600 shutter replacement

Status changed to "Billing" today, sounds like I should get my tracking number soon. Good, I have a "gig" on the 28th and a birthday on the 29th ;)

Mine was delivered 2 days after status was changed to Billing :thumbup:

that would put it at 9 days turnaround time; besting your 11 :)

It was only 10 !!!!!!

:greenpbl:

Ha. Just like you said. Got the shipping today and scheduled for tomorrow. Not too shabby, and now I don't have to worry about borrowing/renting for next weekend's shoots.

I had to send mine in for a second time, more spots and beyond normal. It is shipping back to me. Hopefully they got it right the 2nd time. While I love the camera the oil spot issue on the sensor is getting old. 2 stretches without my camera now and I'm wondering if there will be a 3rd

Here spot ... here spot .... good spot ..

yup ... I shot my camera at f/20 against a white background and viola ... I have spots - mostly in the upper left quadrant.

Now since I was going out with the camera I just cleaned the sensor myself and my d7000 while I was at it.
I'll keep an eye on it. This was after 8,000 shots from buying it as a refurb'd body.

Last edited:
I had to send mine in for a second time, more spots and beyond normal.

Since a shutter replacement?

I had sent it in for the recall the first time. The recall was suppose to be the shutter replacement so yes after the shutter replacement. My spots were also in the upper left of the pictures.

Before the recall I had cleaned it several times. When they showed up again I tried blowing it but not a full clean and that didn't remove the spots. I also have a D7000 and the spots on the D600 show up way quicker than normal dust.

Did i read about spots on the D610 sensor the other day, i hope i am mistaken.

I have had a couple of D600`s and a D610 myself.

I have switched to mirrowless camara`s now anyway, a lot less ironwork flying around inside the camera flinging muck about.

John.

Most reactions

Back